College Football fans

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
1696699971502.png

2Shirts1Egg2

Not 1 egg, why would you bring up eggs, you queer?
I started watching college last year, and kept up this year because I kinda wanted Deion's kids to get stomped by some cornfed Nebraska mutants.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Ill watch college football but I dont follow it, if that makes sense. I dont know the latest/best upcoming recruits. The teams turnover so often I just root for the team I like and hope the best. Sure there will be a couple names that I get familiar with for a few years and they go on to get drafted to the NFL but for the most part I couldnt really have an informed conversation about other teams players or even name many players on the team I like. You have to really commit to following a team to keep up. Pro sports are a bit easier to follow for me.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
I played college sports. There were alumni that would show up to games as 'boosters' and creepily stalk the players. Football has it the worst. Where you get these awkward ancient near mummified graduates that are basically donating money to the school to purchase access to the team so that they can brag to their friends at the country club. "Yeah....I met that quarterback". A lot of them are definitely Sandusky types or at least gave off those vibes.

Also sometimes the boosters would purchase illegal stuff for the players. We were warned that "accepting free dinner" was illegal. Yet guys would be getting stuff like apartments or cars meanwhile. But this was decades before now where it seems players can accept money from advertising companies. So it's probably the Wild West now in terms of paying players under the table to play for your school.

Watching sports is already a faggot activity. But watching college sports? Unless your kid is playing I cannot understand it. It's like the old boomer aged fans are under a mind control spell beyond the usual bread and circuses distraction. And none of them even played sports. I never understood their deep obsessions with college sports when they didn't care enough to even play themselves.

Leonard Rhomberg

Who are you gonna replace me with?
I played college sports. There were alumni that would show up to games as 'boosters' and creepily stalk the players. Football has it the worst. Where you get these awkward ancient near mummified graduates that are basically donating money to the school to purchase access to the team so that they can brag to their friends at the country club. "Yeah....I met that quarterback". A lot of them are definitely Sandusky types or at least gave off those vibes.

Also sometimes the boosters would purchase illegal stuff for the players. We were warned that "accepting free dinner" was illegal. Yet guys would be getting stuff like apartments or cars meanwhile. But this was decades before now where it seems players can accept money from advertising companies. So it's probably the Wild West now in terms of paying players under the table to play for your school.

Watching sports is already a faggot activity. But watching college sports? Unless your kid is playing I cannot understand it. It's like the old boomer aged fans are under a mind control spell beyond the usual bread and circuses distraction. And none of them even played sports. I never understood their deep obsessions with college sports when they didn't care enough to even play themselves.
I can see why the players are now able to profit from playing considering how much money these schools make, but it still seems a little weird to me. My one buddy is big into college sports and he was saying some recruit was demanding certain amounts of money to even visit a prospective team, which seems over the line