• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Can someone explain sports betting for me?

If you live in states that allow online sports betting, it really is worth it to take advantage of the new account bonuses. At least it was a year ago. I remember making a few K.

Obv retarded to keep going after that.
Usually those things have 10x or 20x rollovers

It's possible to make money but it takes a lot of luck and some finger on the pulse of what is going on. You can't bet on emotion, which is probably was 70-80% of these retards are doing...just betting on their favorite teams. These same game parlays are the biggest scam they have going. I can't believe how many retards fall for these.

I try to look out for things like top level teams being booked as underdogs. The Chiefs is a good example the last 3 games. I just don't understand how or why anyone bets against them, and it especially made no sense to keep having them as underdogs. They had the best QB and the best coach in the playoffs. Anyone who knows anything about football should take Mahomes over Allen and Jackson in a big game every time. I'm up pretty good the past couple years and a lot of that is betting big on KC in the playoffs.

NBA playoffs are also very predictable. It's pretty rare to see big first round upsets (though it happened last year), if a team favored in the series drops game 1 you can get good value picking them to take the series. NHL is a crapshoot and should be avoided.

If you have your finger on the pulse of the MLB there are great value bets you can find. They still put way too much stock into who the starting pitchers are. They don't go more than 5 or 6 innings anymore, but they still have many lopsided lines because of the matchups. I try to look for teams listed as big underdogs, even the worst team will win 62 games a year. I also like betting against teams with struggling bullpens.

Daytona 500 is Sunday, probably my favorite thing to bet on. I'd recommend dropping a couple $5 bets on some longshots as that race is just a free for all on the last lap every year.

It's possible to make money but it takes a lot of luck and some finger on the pulse of what is going on. You can't bet on emotion, which is probably was 70-80% of these retards are doing...just betting on their favorite teams. These same game parlays are the biggest scam they have going. I can't believe how many retards fall for these.

I try to look out for things like top level teams being booked as underdogs. The Chiefs is a good example the last 3 games. I just don't understand how or why anyone bets against them, and it especially made no sense to keep having them as underdogs. They had the best QB and the best coach in the playoffs. Anyone who knows anything about football should take Mahomes over Allen and Jackson in a big game every time. I'm up pretty good the past couple years and a lot of that is betting big on KC in the playoffs.

NBA playoffs are also very predictable. It's pretty rare to see big first round upsets (though it happened last year), if a team favored in the series drops game 1 you can get good value picking them to take the series. NHL is a crapshoot and should be avoided.

If you have your finger on the pulse of the MLB there are great value bets you can find. They still put way too much stock into who the starting pitchers are. They don't go more than 5 or 6 innings anymore, but they still have many lopsided lines because of the matchups. I try to look for teams listed as big underdogs, even the worst team will win 62 games a year. I also like betting against teams with struggling bullpens.

Daytona 500 is Sunday, probably my favorite thing to bet on. I'd recommend dropping a couple $5 bets on some longshots as that race is just a free for all on the last lap every year.
Say "finger on the pulse" again, stupid

NoBacon

An honourable man.
I once did tech support on an online bookies and could view profit loss of all users (anyone winning regulary would be banned) and I never saw a single person who was a regular better who was up lifetime, not one.

one guy won 80k from 500 or something and he was still down, but you know he’s sermonising everywhere as an expert.

Just don’t do it, do it for fun to make games more entertaining but expect to lose it all.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit

I think a lot of it is people betting with “their heart and not their head” - so many think it’s their teams year and win it all and just look at a team like Dallas. Prob the hardest to pick is MLB World Series future, just look at this years World Series - Rangers / Diamondbacks? Nobody saw that coming. I actually never bet on my favorite football team - it’s just a dumb move.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
I think a lot of it is people betting with “their heart and not their head” - so many think it’s their teams year and win it all and just look at a team like Dallas. Prob the hardest to pick is MLB World Series future, just look at this years World Series - Rangers / Diamondbacks? Nobody saw that coming. I actually never bet on my favorite football team - it’s just a dumb move.

The only way to make money sports betting is having insider knowledge and getting people to make the bets small and spread out so it’s not noticed by anybody, even then these guys have millions invested to sniff it out.

People know the dude in a fight is carrying a serious injury he is hiding, so they bet big on the other guy - they know the horse has aged out since the last race, or they just straight up know someone is going to throw a game. *

Other than that, it’s just pure dumb luck and you’ll lose.

*they get 50 people to bet 50 dollars so the odds don’t change quickly, because one big bet will change the books drastically immediately or it raises flags and the bet isn’t accepted (they don’t have to accept anything, pretty sure they aren’t even legally obligated to pay out either) The odds aren’t the likelihood of anything, it’s just where the money is put.

I got 'friends' who do sports betting; I call them retarded... but statistically are you likely to win?(lol, no) If yes then how do these companies stay afloat?
Schinkleboutit

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I got 'friends' who do sports betting; I call them retarded... but statistically are you likely to win?(lol, no) If yes then how do these companies stay afloat?
Schinkleboutit
I do it but I never put big money on a game and just see at dumb fun. But paying for sports bet picks? Now that’s retarded.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
I once did tech support on an online bookies and could view profit loss of all users (anyone winning regulary would be banned) and I never saw a single person who was a regular better who was up lifetime, not one.
Also anyone who is up $100K or more is like a whale degenerate gambler who will spew it all away sometime sooner than later. I know a guy who placed very high in the World Series of Poker. Mid six figure payout for finishing in the top 100. He lost all of it before he left Vegas that week. But even more retarded was that he took action on his WSOP entry....and owed out more than half of his winnings to the people who fronted his Main Event entry cost. So he actually was six figures down.

And these are the only people who make these $100K and $1million bets on sports. The ultra degenerates and addicts. No normal person is tossing around any real money on gambling.
The only way to make money sports betting is having insider knowledge and getting people to make the bets small and spread out so it’s not noticed by anybody, even then these guys have millions invested to sniff it out.
You can make money in sports betting through owning the gambling companies or running an illegal book. Owning the sports leagues and getting a cut of the advertising and licensing fees. Or insider information. Actually trying to make a living sports betting is impossible. But you will get the liars and rubes telling everyone "dude I make a killing on football.....a loser like you wouldn't understand".
People know the dude in a fight is carrying a serious injury he is hiding, so they bet big on the other guy
This happens in the UFC way more than people realize.