BRIT FAGS ONLY

Ashcroft

Pronouns: (Hee/Tee)
The Roses have been my favorite band for ten years.
As an American, this has been weird, because nobody here knows them.
I was never big on Oasis - they're fine.

But news of Gallagher-Squire (the Liam Gallagher/John Squire superband) has me excited.

I'm Gay, first and foremost. But this music made me feel something I haven't felt in 25 years. Nostalgia is a powerful drug. My name is Paul, I'm gay, and I've said that already.

Squire is a damn beast.

This was at Wolverhampton a few weeks ago. They're saying their show in Edinburgh was movie worthy. I hope they tour the States besides NY.

Last edited:

RIP-Allen-Lanier

DMANIAC
Also in the US. I got into the Roses going through my dads tapes of shit from the radio. One tape had 'Love Spreads' on it three times. I copied it to a tape I was making and remembered their name. A little while later I saw their debut cassette at this used sports card/tape/CD place and grabbed it. I put it on to play Nintendo and immediately didn't like it, almost to where it hurt. my ears. It's nothing like "Love Spreads." Maybe 6 months or a year later I put it back in just to give it another shot and this time I was mesmerized like 30 seconds in lol. Love both those albums a ton. Debut cassette is where I kept my drivers license instead of a wallet to carry around. Got into Oasis bit later and they became my favorite band of all time.

That being said, this Liam/John album isn't doing much for me yet. Don't know if it's the production or what. And the concerts they're playing are only 45 minutes long-they play the album start to finish and 'Street Fighting Man.' No Roses/Oasis/Liam/Seahorses shit. Doesn't seem like worth traveling for to me honestly, at least not wayyy out the way. I'd make the 4 hours to LA for sure but I doubt they'll do anymore than what's scheduled. I'd honestly rather just see a Liam show. I've seen Noel tons of times (he kissed my hand once lol) but Liam barely tours over here and I love his solo albums more than this Squire one. Hopefully it grows on me.

Ian Browns last solo album on the other hand, one of my favorite records now. Definitely my favorite of his solo albums. Would have been good to hear how those songs came off with the Roses but whatever, it turned out great. I think it's hilarious he replaced Johns solo for First World Problems with a purposefully basic ass acoustic guitar solo.

Stone Roses have some awesome tracks, I also like some later Ian Brown... I use the longer mix of fools gold as a show intro, lemme collect a few tunes... fuck yes!

Ashcroft

Also in the US. I got into the Roses going through my dads tapes of shit from the radio. One tape had 'Love Spreads' on it three times. I copied it to a tape I was making and remembered their name. A little while later I saw their debut cassette at this used sports card/tape/CD place and grabbed it. I put it on to play Nintendo and immediately didn't like it, almost to where it hurt. my ears. It's nothing like "Love Spreads." Maybe 6 months or a year later I put it back in just to give it another shot and this time I was mesmerized like 30 seconds in lol. Love both those albums a ton. Debut cassette is where I kept my drivers license instead of a wallet to carry around. Got into Oasis bit later and they became my favorite band of all time.

That being said, this Liam/John album isn't doing much for me yet. Don't know if it's the production or what. And the concerts they're playing are only 45 minutes long-they play the album start to finish and 'Street Fighting Man.' No Roses/Oasis/Liam/Seahorses shit. Doesn't seem like worth traveling for to me honestly, at least not wayyy out the way. I'd make the 4 hours to LA for sure but I doubt they'll do anymore than what's scheduled. I'd honestly rather just see a Liam show. I've seen Noel tons of times (he kissed my hand once lol) but Liam barely tours over here and I love his solo albums more than this Squire one. Hopefully it grows on me.

Ian Browns last solo album on the other hand, one of my favorite records now. Definitely my favorite of his solo albums. Would have been good to hear how those songs came off with the Roses but whatever, it turned out great. I think it's hilarious he replaced Johns solo for First World Problems with a purposefully basic ass acoustic guitar solo.

I don't think this album is deep or noteworthy.
But it makes me want to roll hard on E with girls I knew 20 years ago and have a good time. The live tour itself is what I'm interested in.

I think that's what's it's going for. And for me, it's done it's job.

Stone Roses debut was a huge part of my teens even though it was old by then. Will always think fondly of it even if I rarely listen in full these days.

Imagine how much of a cunt Ian Brown must be when you decide it's easier to do a album and your with Liam Gallagher. Stone roses reformed in 2012 and we're doing huge gigs and still couldn't keep it together

The album is okay. Liam's doing a bigger tour playing the Oasis debut this year with b sides and the like. These two did a album tour with a Stones cover and it hardly lasted a hour?

RIP-Allen-Lanier

DMANIAC
Imagine how much of a cunt Ian Brown must be when you decide it's easier to do a album and your with Liam Gallagher. Stone roses reformed in 2012 and we're doing huge gigs and still couldn't keep it together

Ians not a cunt, Squire and Reni are. Ians the only one consistently making shit, everyone else did that 2012 tour to make some money and dipped back out before making an album like Ian wanted. Most people say Liam is chill nowadays too.

Ashcroft

Ians not a cunt, Squire and Reni are. Ians the only one consistently making shit, everyone else did that 2012 tour to make some money and dipped back out before making an album like Ian wanted. Most people say Liam is chill nowadays too.

I've heard/read that Ian and John are the ones impossible to work with (John, mostly), where Mani and Reni were just there for the ride. (Reni is a family man now and didn't want a full tour, I know because @Alan Wren is my alt).

They all did the 2012 to cash in and I don't blame them. They should've been rich to begin with.

I want to reiterate, I don't think this new album is great. But there's 4-5 moments on there where I feel like it's 1989 in Madchester again, and I wasn't even there. Like it's 1995 in my room in America again.

I'd see them live if they came to New England.

RIP-Allen-Lanier

DMANIAC
Ian Brown now tours with a backing track and no band. Because he's such a cunt

I'd go see it. This is what rappers do and at least he doesn't have guys standing there pretending to play. His shit is a bunch of samples and electric shit. Not a ton for many band members to do on lots of his solo shit.

RIP-Allen-Lanier

DMANIAC
Let's not fight guys.

Ian's a cunt and nobody thinks he can sing. But he's living his best life and let's celebrate that.

Those vids from his shows last year he's singing better than he has since like 1989. Really I only have one or two bootleg he sings well on and ones from like 87 and the other 89 or 90. It's rough audiowise but he's not constantly out of tune like how he got pretty quick. Even Blackpool Lights he's out of tune a fuckload. The chorus of Made of Stone is hilarious.

Ashcroft

For sure, me either. Ian wanted to actually make records with them again though. At least we got a couple songs and then a few that went on Ripples.

To be fair, Ian was a huge personality and influence on the group while also being the most unstable and least musicly talented. It makes sense they couldn't get along.
Meanwhile, John was the most irritable and most talented musician in the group, and somehow he and Ian bonded.
If I were Mani and Reni, I'd have been investing my money and waiting for shit to fall apart.

That, coupled with their legal issues and the mania of the 80s made them a band bound for a short life span. They were kids who grew into adults who still couldn't form and run a business together if they had to.

The Roses were a comet. That's why their sound makes me emotional.

RIP-Allen-Lanier

DMANIAC
To be fair, Ian was a huge personality and influence on the group while also being the most unstable and least musicly talented. It makes sense they couldn't get along.
Meanwhile, John was the most irritable and most talented musician in the group, and somehow he and Ian bonded.
If I were Mani and Reni, I'd have been investing my money and waiting for shit to fall apart.

That, coupled with their legal issues and the mania of the 80s made them a band bound for a short life span. They were kids who grew into adults who still couldn't form and run a business together if they had to.

The Roses were a comet. That's why their sound makes me emotional.

Definitely made me feel like drugs when I was 14 and had never done any. Where there's life there's got to be hope. And where there's a will there's a way.

Magic shit.

Ashcroft

The Stone Roses did ecstacy and cocaine for 5 years and produced just two albums that no one in the States ever heard, along with:

- Oasis
- Blur
- The Verve
- Coldplay

Nahhhht bahhhhhhd.

Also, I always thought Nirvana were the biggest brats/faggots to ever be interviewed, but these two took the cake. I get that they're stoned stupid, and the girl interviewing them is a twat, but I still want to smack them. Suppose that means they win?

Last edited:

RIP-Allen-Lanier

DMANIAC
Also, I always thought Nirvana were the biggest brats/faggots to be ever be interviewed, but these two took the cake. I get that they're stoned stupid, and the girl interviewing them is a twat, but I still want to smack them. Suppose that means they win?

dunno