• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Best British comedy show?

G

Oh good. They are remaking peep show for the US

[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/peep-show-update-fx-1235281217/[/URL]
That went really well with The Inbetweeners. I'm optimistic!!

Wild

I love media!
Blackadder
Peep Show up until a certain point. (I think maybe up until Season 5.)
The Office UK
Alan Partridge (Shame about the laugh track)
Spaced
This is England mini series (More drama oriented, but it can be funny at times.)

G

Benny hill as a child and black mirror as an adult.
Most British shows just have this unpleasant atheistic to them that is off putting.

Most British shows are just so glum and depressing. But to be honest, i don’t mind it. Feels more true to real life. They don’t really sugar coat shit, like some American shows.

G

Most British shows are just so glum and depressing. But to be honest, i don’t mind it. Feels more true to real life. They don’t really sugar coat shit, like some American shows.
I get and agree with that, but it's something more.

I genuinely feel that it's the vibe of the uk and it's people that simply doesn't jive with my soul.

Only a place like England would embrace a jimmy savile.

I genuinely feel bad for Alfred the great.

G

I get and agree with that, but it's something more.

I genuinely feel that it's the vibe of the uk and it's people that simply doesn't jive with my soul.

Only a place like England would embrace a jimmy savile.

I genuinely feel bad for Alfred the great.

9E91A6B1-3632-45DD-ACB0-82BFCD987AF7.png

22614FB7-7297-4315-A666-9A3983BC46D4.jpeg

Stent

The Black Scorpion
Open All Hours is really good if you're into British humor.

I recently watched Men Behaving Badly and it's not amazing but it's ok.

Red Dwarf already mentioned which would be my pick. Monty Python's flying circus is good just because its a node so many other shows reference. Stewart Lee was brought up who did a show called Stewart Lee's comedy vehicle. Nice alternative comedy show. My absolute best picks though would be Harry Hill's TV burp (weekly tv round up with solid gold moments) and Charlie Brookers Screenwipe/Newswipe/How TV Ruined your life. Both shows very low budget and might be hard to track down but very worth it if you can give a pass to the outdated tv shows/current events they both reference.

EDIT: THE WHOLE TV BURP AND SCREENWIPE ARE ON YLUTUBE. ENJOY. IM GAY

Benny hill as a child and black mirror as an adult.
Most British shows just have this unpleasant atheistic to them that is off putting.
technical answer: we use PAL where you use NTSC... which our engineers call Never Twice Same Colour - weird yellowy greenwash on everything, but much is the same now due to digital formats