Bert Kreischer movie "The Machine"

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
True. Was The Hangover the last R rated comedy that did well? Or was it Bridesmaids?

Nevermind it beat it out Bridesmaids by almost 100 million.
I think the last “big” R rated box office hit comedy was Seth Rogen / Zac Enron movie Neighbors or its sequel. Post Covid it’s near impossible to have another huge comedy, people will just wait until it’s on streaming.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
I think the last “big” R rated box office hit comedy was Seth Rogen / Zac Enron movie Neighbors or its sequel. Post Covid it’s near impossible to have another huge comedy, people will just wait until it’s on streaming.
Neighbors was one I remember being a big hit when it came out despite being a pile of shit. I remember the sequel while not a flop did under perform though. I also remember Ted being a huge hit even though it was awful.

Cuphead

22 Jump Street and Ted 2 did about as well as Neighbors and they were both sequels.
So this topic actually got me interested and I looked back at R rated comedies that were released in 2019 and the only major studio one I could find that was a success was Good Boys and even that never reached the same level as something like Hangover or 21 Jump Street. In fact, there weren't a lot of R rated comedies released that year and most were indie films, not major studio stuff.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
So this topic actually got me interested and I looked back at R rated comedies that were released in 2019 and the only major studio one I could find that was a success was Good Boys and even that never reached the same level as something like Hangover or 21 Jump Street. In fact, there weren't a lot of R rated comedies released that year and most were indie films, not major studio stuff.
Are they any bankable comedy actors anymore? Will Ferrell knows his time has passed, Ben Stiller is now behind the camera, Seth Rogen’s last couple movies tanked, Jonah Hill hasn’t really done anything comedy in years same for John C Reily, Jim Carey is unfunny and bitter, Steve Carrell does more serious roles, Chris Pratt lost weight so he’s not the funny fat guy, Franco got cancelled, etc.

I’m actually having a real hard time coming up with current big name comedy guys that could have a box office hits. Maybe Kevin Hart?

Cuphead

Are they any bankable comedy actors anymore? Will Ferrell knows his time has passed, Ben Stiller is now behind the camera, Seth Rogen’s last couple movies tanked, Jonah Hill hasn’t really done anything comedy in years same for John C Reily, Jim Carey is unfunny and bitter, Steve Carrell does more serious roles, Chris Pratt lost weight so he’s not the funny fat guy, Franco got cancelled, etc.

I’m actually having a real hard time coming up with current big name comedy guys that could have a box office hits. Maybe Kevin Hart?
Kevin Hart is one of the few I can think of. I guess Sandler too, but he's got that deal with Netflix and hasn't really released anything in theaters since Uncut Gems.

Will Ferrell's shit got old after playing a man child every fucking movie and that Holmes and Watson movie was so bad it almost Love Guru'ed his career. People got tired of Seth Rogen's brand of humor and he dug himself into a further hole with all his left wing bullshit. Jonah Hill only seems to be interested in doing lame arthouse shit or playing supporting roles now. I can't even remember the last fucking movie Jim Carey was in.

I really like Steve Carrell as an actor, but even with Office fame he isn't exactly the most bankable star anymore. Most of his dramas are independent films and remember that awful Marwen movie that was a major flop at the box office. It's not just comedy, but it really feels like the days of the movie star are approaching their end.

Cuphead

Yesterdays box office numbers are in and it only grossed $535k. That's 75% down from last Friday. It's going to have a massive drop this weekend and will be dropped from almost all theaters next week. It might not even finish it's domestic run with 10 million at this point.