ATTN: Sadposters -- Official 'EMOTIONAL FAGGOTRY' Thread

DMAN

NYC Mayor
Every now and then, I get insecure. And suddenly it's hard to breathe. From all the pain, feel so ashamed....

We know our Users occasionally feel the need to behave like big softies. "I just wanted to take this moment to THANK YOU guys."

Well I'm not here to do that. I don't have any need in my heart to show gratitude to you people for talking smack with/about me on the web. But even cold-hearted men still feel overwhelming misery -- we're forced to face it sometimes. It's inevitable, especially because we live in a world where demonic people go out of their way to prod, poke, use, mistreat, mislead, and abuse you -- FOR FUN. To occupy themselves.

We can reply sarcastically, but the more pathetic the thread is, the more I do feel for you all when it happens. When it strikes, it makes you feel unlike yourself. That's why they come on here to weep at us. Because they don't feel like themselves anymore, they don't feel validated, and they act very out-of-character, seeking comfort and acceptance from people. They begin to feel like O&A have felt since the show was cancelled.

We don't really need a new thread every time one of you dopes has an Unfortunate Mishap or a death in the family, or your drinking gets out of hand. But we can have one thread for it -- This one. I am trying to make this light and potentially cheer up any of you weaklings who may feel a need to create a new thread for your mood swings.

The reality of the situation is -- We all understand that life sucks. But when it hits you, it does feel like your issues are unique and you're the only one who's ever hadda deal with it. I try not to exude any care or compassion for anyone, as it will simply be wasted on yet another cog in the machine. I've lost so many people that I began to look at others as 'those things that just come and go.' Don't bother getting to know... Don't bother relating to them. They'll be nothing but a memory soon.

Sometimes it feels like the healthier alternative is to treat people like they are meant to be a "one and done," whether you're talking women or acquaintances. Because when you really stop and think about how many people you've held dear to you -- who have died suddenly, died slowly, disappeared, or even deliberately ripped your heart out (for fun) -- It makes you wonder "What's the point?" You had a limited time to enjoy yourself, and all you're left with is that empty "I wish they didn't leave" nostalgia. The hollow realization that the place in time where your heart was booming was just temporary, and the lingering intrusive thought that it was never genuine in the first place.

What do you do when all of your memories feel like razor blades? When nostalgia is a painful scar, or a burn that never goes away. Whenever you reflect on what happiness and beauty you once had, and can never have again.

I feel your pain.

Quote The Raven... Nevermore.

DMAN

NYC Mayor
Nice "Quoth", stupid.
I132248160-16755477270169V77KJUJB3I06A58FFC6.jpg

You didn't get the reference, and that's okay. <3