As a fan on the genre, this makes me a little sick

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.

293465586_1660221607694855_4232129365876736063_n.jpg

JesseTheGovernor

Access to the Debates
Peele is remarkably untalented. His movies are derivative trash with a “current year” racial lean and the soyfaces and white sociology students eat it up.

Peele was less funny than Ike Barinholtz on Mad TV and now people are trying to manufacture gis boring ass into a horror god. It’s nauseating.

Jewboy Ari Aster is a better modern horror director, and modern horror has a very low bar to begin with.

ThePepsiColaRapist

Peele is remarkably untalented. His movies are derivative trash with a “current year” racial lean and the soyfaces and white sociology students eat it up.

Peele was less funny than Ike Barinholtz on Mad TV and now people are trying to manufacture gis boring ass into a horror god. It’s nauseating.

Jewboy Ari Aster is a better modern horror director, and modern horror has a very low bar to begin with.
Hereditary was amazing, but Midsommer fucking stunk.

I think Mike Flanagan is one of the best horror directors working at the moment.
Absentia is amazing.
Both Oculus and Ouija: Origin of Evil took a silly premise and made it work.
Haunting of Hill House nearly made me piss myself.

Doctor Sleep is a masterpiece.

Looking forward to see how he tackles Poe in The Fall of The House of Usher.

G

I think Mike Flanagan is one of the best horror directors working at the moment.
Absentia is amazing.

Haunting of hill house was great. The continuous shot in the funeral home was very cool. It always makes me sad when the girl is hallucinating and thinks shes dancing with her dead husband and then ends up on the ledge before she gets hanged *sniff*

ThePepsiColaRapist

Haunting of hill house was great. The continuous shot in the funeral home was very cool. It always makes me sad when the girl is hallucinating and thinks shes dancing with her dead husband and then ends up on the ledge before she gets hanged *sniff*
There's a lot in that show that hit me in places I had long since thought were compartmentalized.
Plus, it reawakened a childhood fear of statues (I grew up very, very Catholic. Those fuckers were everywhere)

JesseTheGovernor

Access to the Debates

Absentia is amazing.

I liked Midsommar’s premise and aesthetic but it wasn’t scary and was fairly boring. I still think it’s better than “Get Out” which I found to be a complete rip off of a few better movies like Skeleton Key and The Stepford Wives, among a couple other influences.

Doctor Sleep is good for a newer horror. I didn’t think they even needed the connection to the Shining with it, although I know they are both Stephen King books. It would have worked either way. The vampire aspect was a little gay to me though. I generally scoff at vampire shit unless it’s Christopher Lee in a cape.

Oculus and the Ouija movie were not good imo. Hill House is great though.

A consistent ominous vibe often gets me in horror moreso than jump scares or gore or whatever, and Aster and Flanagan are good at this. Peele telegraphs his intentions way too much and without an ability to misdirect, his horror simply stinks.

Absentia is amazing.

For me it has to be James Wan. The Conjuring and Insidious movies are all good and the movies that he is involved with as a producer (the nun, malignant, annabelle) are one of the better horror movies to come out this last decade.

Last edited:

ThePepsiColaRapist

For me it has to be James Wan. The Conjuring and Insidious movies are all good and the movies that he is involved with as a producer (the nun, malignant, annabelle) are one of the better horror movies to come outthese last decade.
I've watched Malignant 3 times. It is ball-ass crazy.
Satire?
Parody?
Feature masquerading as a B-picture?
Deconstruction of James Wan films?

I love it

G

For me it has to be James Wan. The Conjuring and Insidious movies are all good and the movies that he is involved with as a producer (the nun, malignant, annabelle) are one of the better horror movies to come outthese last decade.
The Conjuring fucked me up pretty good after i saw it. Was afraid to look up at the mirror after spitting into the sink for weeks

Has this shit head never heard of Alfred Hitchcock?

Besides, the best directors don't limit themselves to one genre. William Friedkin made The French Connection, The Exorcist and Sorcerer back-to-back -- each a classic in their genre for the decade, if not all-time -- and no one rushes to suck him off the way they do the current crop of mediocrity.

Jordan Peele is the zoomer Shyamalan, nothing more.

DieNortonDie

Absentia is amazing.

Doctor sleep sucked you nigger