Are you happy?

gassers

CakeHorn/Say "Cookie"/BonnieMcFarlaneMe2 Alt
There hasn't been a single day in the past 15 years that I have felt good with myself. Lol.

The saddest part is I don't even want to feel good about myself. I cashed in my chips so long ago and just sit at the table at the point.

If I could woke up tomorrow and was 80 years old and about to die, I wouldn't be upset about it.

I push everyone away and I really don't know why I do it. I constantly feel sick. I can't be bothered to go to a doctor because I don't care what he would have to tell me.

I don't know what's wrong with me and I don't even know if I would ever have the motivation to start to maybe help myself in the slightest.
Too relatable. I start feeling guilty whenever i feel good about something in my life or myself. Like i don't deserve it. Idk why.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Too relatable. I start feeling guilty whenever i feel good about something in my life or myself. Like i don't deserve it. Idk why.
When I was a kid and first heard about someone being depressed I couldn't fathom what it meant or how it could feel.

Now I'm completely well fucking aware of what it means and how it feels and I really don't like it but am dug so deep I'm hitting bedrock.

G

The company I work for is going down the shitter. On the inside I feel like I lack marketable skills, but on the outside I don't really and I'm super valuable at this company but don't get the props I deserve. I'm too much of a pussy to leave because of external circumstances, and I've been at the same place for so long I'm like a domesticated kitty cat. The anxiety I feel on a daily basis seems to be shrinking my penis.

I only feel happy when I'm working on an interesting project but I haven't had one of those for a few months. Daily exercise is the only thing that keeps me from putting a noose around my neck and jerking off until I pass out and die.

Jeez. I'll skip the worthless sappy advice... Practical advice is to do more fun things to alleviate that anxiety. By fun I mean active, not trolling Patrick Tomlinson (while fun, doesn't have the same effect on your mood than being outdoors and skateboarding, skiing, snowboarding, surfing, etc... Whatever you choose to do).

Adults simulate fun with video games etc. Try to be a kid again in the sense of going outside and doing cool active shit. When I realized that my life did a 180.

G

Jeez. I'll skip the worthless sappy advice... Practical advice is to do more fun things to alleviate that anxiety. By fun I mean active, not trolling Patrick Tomlinson (while fun, doesn't have the same effect on your mood than being outdoors and skateboarding, skiing, snowboarding, surfing, etc... Whatever you choose to do).

Adults simulate fun with video games etc. Try to be a kid again in the sense of going outside and doing cool active shit. When I realized that my life did a 180.
Thank you, child. True I don't do enough fun things.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

Abe "Penis Pete" Vigodavich
There hasn't been a single day in the past 15 years that I have felt good with myself. Lol.

The saddest part is I don't even want to feel good about myself. I cashed in my chips so long ago and just sit at the table at the point.

If I could woke up tomorrow and was 80 years old and about to die, I wouldn't be upset about it.

I push everyone away and I really don't know why I do it. I constantly feel sick. I can't be bothered to go to a doctor because I don't care what he would have to tell me.

I don't know what's wrong with me and I don't even know if I would ever have the motivation to start to maybe help myself in the slightest.
I think pretty highly of you for a stranger. You seem genuinely good. You deserve to enjoy life.

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
First, of course not. Rather than lay out my specific circumstance, I will grace/burden you with my hypothesis on the prevalence of anxiety disorders:
In simple terms, we're not really doing what we're supposed to be doing. Not talking in a religious sense, but sure you can argue that pretty easy. I mean that we still have brains from pre-agrarian humans, and while we're smart enough to overcome a lot of that with society, the caveman brain that rides the lizard brain knows things are fucked and is pissed. You are genetically supposed to live more or less like a squatemalan tribe: small groups of tightly-connected families all actively working 24/7 for their ensured success and always on the lookout for danger.
No, you operate a machine to get to your job and operate a different machine there, doing things that have zero bearing on your personal existence other than the transactional aspect of the job. You don't kill or harvest your own food, you might not even cook it. Mating rituals are all sorts of messed up, religion has moved from the true faith: sun worship. That's all supremely fucked, caveman knows it, and thus everyone is always a bit more on edge than the brain is really prepared for.
I would wager a guess that people in more physically active jobs are happier, as the caveman brain can accept that in lieu of actual mammoth hunting or stone axe warfare.
Think about a bear or ape or other higher-order animal in a zoo: they're just sentient enough to know their situation is fucked, and that's why you see chimps edging for hours or compulsively puking and eating their own puke. Humans are another order above mentally, so we have more and better coping mechanisms. Say "brain" and try to sound smart some more, stupid.

DMAN

NYC Mayor
If you're happy, I don't trust you. You have no life experience with which to base decisions on, and your emotional intelligence is likely dull as a doornail.

There is no cure for unhappiness. I have been unhappy for so many years I'm almost at peace with it. You have to remain unhappy because you've already figured it out... There is no re-happying yourself once you've thought about pointlessness of life, after enough people you know die.

In the end, all your stupid possessions you care so much about are going right in the garbage. You like to think maybe you'll pass your cherished items to someone... Or maybe "someday I'll do that one thing I've been meaning to do for years.." and you never will. There is no "goodbye" scene, there is no "just five more minutes to go erase my internet history" or tie up loose ends, or have my final words. Tomorrow never comes, and then when you die... People will use your name to get attention, and that's if your lucky. Best case scenario, they forgot you ever existed, until one random moment... everything you ever did and said, is a passing, distant memory.

What's the point? Go through the motions. Try to at least get enough sleep. Lie just enough to keep the heat off your back. Who cares?

G

If you're happy, I don't trust you. You have no life experience with which to base decisions on, and your emotional intelligence is likely dull as a doornail.

There is no cure for unhappiness. I have been unhappy for so many years I'm almost at peace with it. You have to remain unhappy because you've already figured it out... There is no re-happying yourself once you've thought about pointlessness of life, after enough people you know die.

In the end, all your stupid possessions you care so much about are going right in the garbage. You like to think maybe you'll pass your cherished items to someone... Or maybe "someday I'll do that one thing I've been meaning to do for years.." and you never will. There is no "goodbye" scene, there is no "just five more minutes to go erase my internet history" or tie up loose ends, or have my final words. Tomorrow never comes, and then when you die... People will use your name to get attention, and that's if your lucky. Best case scenario, they forgot you ever existed, until one random moment... everything you ever did and said, is a passing, distant memory.

What's the point? Go through the motions. Try to at least get enough sleep. Lie just enough to keep the heat off your back. Who cares?
People give you shit for being black, but I always thought you were pretty smart. This is like some gay ass retarded shit I would've written when I was 15.

Dog Eater

Apartheid is cool.
I think ‘happy’ is more of a fleeting feeling that occurs during extra good times. Contentment is where it’s at. I am very content with the exception of a few financial goals I’m having trouble achieving. Honestly anyone who is miserable day to day should look back to their childhood and maybe talk to a psychologist. Don’t take any meds for it, that’s gay and will fuck you.

chocolatehellhole

Make sure to smash that report button!
Lot of poorcel sad sacks in this thread, I'm happier than a pig in shit
blackkkdan.png

I'm a pretty happy person. It took time though. Your brain is really good at tricking you into thinking things matter. What you do matters. What other people think of you matters. Fuck that - everyone dies, let them think what they think.

I used to be very self-conscious. "I dont want to do that, I've never done it and I'll look silly." "I can't just quit my job, no one does that." Fuck what people think. Life is free, take advantage. Take risks. The downside is that you still die anyway.

johnnynoname

I have a face like a shovel
I don't know if this is a "rogan take" or not (it probably is) but a LOT of unhapiness may have to do that in the natural order of things we were only supposed to like to 33 and we are still wired to a lizard brain that thinks it's the stone ages.

Now that we live way longer than we are supposed to, our brains have no way of comprehending what to do with all this free time we were never supposed to have

I used "lizard brain" so yeah it is a rogan take