Are there any good horror/thriller/ mystery movies that aren’t the same 10 always listed?

CumiaPoodle

Brazil sent me a wife with a dick ☺️
Mulholland Drive (2001). Imm sure you’ve seen it but it’s a classic David Lynch hallucinogenic mystery.

The Vanishing (1988) is a pretty haunting movie.

Twelve Monkeys (1995). Not everyone’s cup of tea but I like it a lot.

Paprika (2006). I see Perfect Blue getting mentions which is a better for a thriller, but Paprika is good. Christopher Nolan ripped a lot of it off with Inception.

Train to Busan (2016). I’m not crazy about the zombie genre but this one is done well. Fast paced and fun.

Videodrome (1983). Bizarre movie but a good horror/mystery type.

In the Heat of the Night (1967). Not scary at all but a solid mystery and worth watching for Rod Stieger’s performance alone.

The Lighthouse (2019). Solid and weird movie.

Jacob’s Ladder (1990). Mindfuck of a movie.

Olivier, Olivier (1992). Very strange film that plays like a drama but has a very creepy undertone.

Peeping Tom (1960). Was considered extremely audacious in it’s era. A cool time capsule of the era with the sets and costumes as well.

REC (2007). The original version of Quarantine. Some cornball performances but it’s fast paced and creepy.

The Ninth Gate (1999). Not all that well-received but I mostly enjoyed the gothic tone.

Meshes of the Afternoon (1943). Just a short film but it’s mysterious and creepy and influenced guys like David Lynch.

Insomnia (2002). Solid earlyish Nolan thriller. I wanted more out of it but it’s a solid watch either way.

Eastern Promises (2007). Solid action/thriller.

Blow Out (1981). Highly underrated mystery film, and it is a remake of Blow Up (1966) which is also a great film.

Phantasm (1979). A bit corny now but it’s a solid 70s horror with some sci fi elements.

Fallen Angels (1995). Not scary at all but it’s a solid thriller/action with mystery elements and a cool story structure.

In the Mouth of Madness (1994). Underrated 90s horror/mindfuck type movie.
AmazIng list

CutesyMissy

"... radio's most notorious shock jock."
Ex Machina (2015)

Great cast, little budget, simple premise, pants-shittingly scary ending. From the writer of Dredd (2012), a surprisingly good capeshit movie.