• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Anybody know any good war documentaries

RedHeadpw2

Fan of the Era
Prob pozzed af, but I fell into History's Battlefield 360: Enterprise pretty hard. My grandfather was a bomber pilot in Korea and flew A-37s over Vietnam, so I'm a sucker for anything air combat related
Wings of the Luftwaffe, and Hunters in the Sky are hard to beat if you like ww2 era stuff.
Also, this is the best aircraft related channel on YT. Greg's Airplanes and Automobiles

Last edited:

RedHeadpw2

Fan of the Era
World at War, think it was made by ITV on Uk and narrated by Laurence Olivier.
Much of the stuff re. Hitler's rise to power, and of course the holocaust narrative should be viewed with skepticism, but the battle related coverage and veteran interviews are great.
For a deep dive into specific battles, the Battlefield series from the 90's is excellent.

analeggsalad

the Gentleman's sissy hypno
Ridiculous in what sense?
specifically the overacting of the young slavic boy. I'd have to rewatch but it was enough to take me out of it. But yes a lot of the camera work/shots stand out and IMO in that regard it merits its reputation

G

specifically the overacting of the young slavic boy. I'd have to rewatch but it was enough to take me out of it. But yes a lot of the camera work/shots stand out and IMO in that regard it merits its reputation
Yeah, apparently he was an amateur. His hair actually went grey during production because the commie psychos making it took method acting to the next level and used live rounds in most of the scenes. The scene where the SS guys take a selfie with a Luger to his temple apparently his reaction was real because he just assumed there was a live round in the chamber. He wasn't the greatest but once I read a bit on the background his poor acting made a bit more sense. The little fucker literally feared for his life every day on that set.

Jim Norton’s Wife's Cock

Those breeches will stay open!
"Sri Lanka's Killing Fields" is a very interesting documentary broadcast by Channel 4 in the UK.

It's about the final few weeks of the Sri Lankan civil war back in 09, its fucking brutal man. The documentary has a lot of footage that was sent in from rebels, government soldiers and civilians, half the documentary could be described as snuff, it's one of the only war documentaries i have seen where they refrain from editing out the gore and mayhem.

analeggsalad

the Gentleman's sissy hypno
"Sri Lanka's Killing Fields" is a very interesting documentary broadcast by Channel 4 in the UK.

It's about the final few weeks of the Sri Lankan civil war back in 09, its fucking brutal man. The documentary has a lot of footage that was sent in from rebels, government soldiers and civilians, half the documentary could be described as snuff, it's one of the only war documentaries i have seen where they refrain from editing out the gore and mayhem.
This made me think of Africa Addio. Got to see that if you haven't

Monk

Was this the Apocalypse series with Stalin that said he was in the middle of building concentration camps for jews when he died
Probably. The Doctor's Plot is a pretty well-known event from Stalin's final years and several large camps were being built in Siberia which were rumored to be meant to house deported Jews.