any of you gonna to get the Steam Deck

G

wwaw being in 1st grade and literally DREAMING about Sega Game Gear every night for a whole summer, because you saw your older bro's 11 year old friend bring over one once. To be a chowild again:

Sega-main.jpg
I had one of these things. The batteries really motherfucked you, lasted like 2 hours or so I think.

victor_sanchez

buck breaker supreme
I kinda want to get one and use it to dual boot windows on it. Just to run other applications on it like a laptop. If it's backordered I might settle for a switch in the summer. Unless nintendo announces switch two around then.

MonsterSteve

Age.
Ehhh. It's neat but I hardly think I'd use it considering I already have a Ryzen 5800x PC with a 3070 Ti. Also have a Razer Blade laptop with a 3070 so its like, when will I use that thing with such a small ass screen? I hardly even play my Switch much because of that. I do love a nice piece of tech which is the only thing pulling me towards it but idk. I'm on the backorder list somewhere. I'll make a split second decision when I eventually get the email.

Screenshot 2022-05-04 103835.png

MonsterSteve

Age.
A Fatrick game already exist.

View attachment 39246
Funny you posted this. I pulled out the Switch last night for the first time since I bought it (the new OLED one) and I played the demo of the new Kirby game. It's pretty damn good and way better than that other Kirby game they released a few years back. This one is more like Odyssey except you can swallow people and transform. Think I'm gonna go pick it up today.

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
Ehhh. It's neat but I hardly think I'd use it considering I already have a Ryzen 5800x PC with a 3070 Ti. Also have a Razer Blade laptop with a 3070 so its like, when will I use that thing with such a small ass screen? I hardly even play my Switch much because of that. I do love a nice piece of tech which is the only thing pulling me towards it but idk. I'm on the backorder list somewhere. I'll make a split second decision when I eventually get the email.

View attachment 39253
I'm creaming for a goddamned RTX 30, but havent been able to fucking find one for going on over two years.

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader

View attachment 39253
why do you need so many gadgets mang its like one gaming computer/laptop is all you will need, these stuff dont hold value you know

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
Mobile Gaming? You can put emulators on phones. My phone is capable of playing up to PS2 games with no issues. Switch can emulated on Android as well.
the andriod Switch emulator is kinda shit and you have to buy some chinese controller to use it, sketchy stuff

The Arm

Fire stalk with me.
I kinda want to get one and use it to dual boot windows on it. Just to run other applications on it like a laptop. If it's backordered I might settle for a switch in the summer. Unless nintendo announces switch two around then.
You don't need to dual boot. It runs on SteamOS, which is a fully-featured Linux distribution. The only reason to install windows would be the masochistic need to be spied upon by fourth-rate spyware masquerading as an OS.

As for the Switch...

switchcuck.jpg

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
the andriod Switch emulator is kinda shit and you have to buy some chinese controller to use it, sketchy stuff
Lol you do realize emulators like that are worked on daily and eventually get better and better and you won't have to worry about using some proprietary controller.

But not counting switch and current AAA games, an Android phone with an 800 series snapdragon chip will handle quite a bit.

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
Lol you do realize emulators like that are worked on daily and eventually get better and better and you won't have to worry about using some proprietary controller.

But not counting switch and current AAA games, an Android phone with an 800 series snapdragon chip will handle quite a bit.
For some reason the Switch emulator on Android was closed sourced and being funded by a Chinese manufacturer called "gamesir", so it's going be years before someone make a operation one on all device

PS2 emulation was possible years ago on Android but the only person working on it was someone that stole codes from open source project from China, and it was pos that wasn't free

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
For some reason the Switch emulator on Android was closed sourced and being funded by a Chinese manufacturer called "gamesir", so it's going be years before someone make a operation one on all device

PS2 emulation was possible years ago on Android but the only person working on it was someone that stole codes from open source project from China, and it was pos that wasn't free
AetherSX2 works fine on my device for PS2 games.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Yes and it was a big news because the only way you get to play ps2 games on Android for years was to pay for some sketchy Chinese app, aethersx2 was like 5 years late to the party
It's late to the party but works, and that's the point I'm making.

A Razer Kishi and a 800 series Android phone will give you what that majority of steam deck buyers are looking for.

victor_sanchez

buck breaker supreme
You don't need to dual boot. It runs on SteamOS, which is a fully-featured Linux distribution. The only reason to install windows would be the masochistic need to be spied upon by fourth-rate spyware masquerading as an OS.

As for the Switch...

View attachment 39290

Linux has issues with certain applications that I use often. There's also some version of windows 10 that doesn't have all that telemetry ridden bloatware. It's intended for enterprise use only. I'd install that instead of regular windows.

I like Nintendo shit but I haven't owned any of their consoles since the Wii. I want to at least play breath of the wild and the new Bayonetta game.

Last edited:

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
It's late to the party but works, and that's the point I'm making.

A Razer Kishi and a 800 series Android phone will give you what that majority of steam deck buyers are looking for.
Yeah and my point is if you want switch emulation it's not gonna to cut it unless someone else take control, and it's gonna to be another 5 years process, don't think i am gonna to make it brotherman