• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Any book recommendations? (serious replies only)

Guff

Patlitical Firebrand
Forum Clout
IMG_7486.jpeg

Ignore the shite cover if you can, this is pretty comprehensive look at the explosion in gang activity around the “Madchester” era

G

This one is pretty good. Mafia crew of serial killers and the crazy shit they got away with. Bunch of sick fucks. Bonus: features Keith the Cop's uncle Roy DeMeo.
51uW4OShNbL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

EraGodless

Forum Clout
The Count of Monte Cristo is seconded. Including audio book I've probably listened/read it several hundred times.
I had a whole European trip planned out where I was going to go to the Chatuea d'If, hide when it closed and spend the night. Unfortunately I broke a rib in Italy and decided to recover for a while on Elba. Monte Cristo itself is a protected habitat and closed to public. There is a list that you can join to visit the island but they only take approx 20 people a year.
Next year I will likely try the d'if escapade along with Beachamp's journey through to Ionnina to visit Ali Tebelin's castle ruin in the lake.
blog over.

For some short reads and classics; Shelleys Frankenstein and Wilde's Picture of Dorian Gray.
True crime stuff: Cosa Nostra was pretty good and another but I cant remember title (will try to edit it in)

Sci Fi fiction: Michael Marshall Smiths stuff was an easy read.
That all sounds pretty gay.

EraGodless

Forum Clout
Hunt for the Green River killer. the second addition includes after they actually catch him.
It's funny that they have this trope that most serial killers are intelligent-- Gary had a room temperature IQ. However, he was smart enough to kill people who didn't matter at the time and take advantage of the fact that most law enforcement entities didn't play nice with each other. He was among the original suspects thar they had narrowed down, but he just lucked out (until DNA evidence came to back to bite him in the ass)-- there were probably so many active serial killers in the PNW at that time, that it's actually kind of funny (picturing these creeps bumping into each other and getting mad at another serial killer for using their dump site or M.O.).

MrRetardo

Forum Clout
It's funny that they have this trope that most serial killers are intelligent-- Gary had a room temperature IQ. However, he was smart enough to kill people who didn't matter at the time and take advantage of the fact that most law enforcement entities didn't play nice with each other. He was among the original suspects thar they had narrowed down, but he just lucked out (until DNA evidence came to back to bite him in the ass)-- there were probably so many active serial killers in the PNW at that time, that it's actually kind of funny (picturing these creeps bumping into each other and getting mad at another serial killer for using their dump site or M.O.).
early on in the book they mention him as a footnote of someone who was interviewed and cleared. Keep in mind, this was the book published before he was arrested.

PorqueDealer

Portly Pepperoni Purveyor
Forum Clout
That all sounds pretty gay.
A man dressed in leathers and riding across Europe visiting multiple places of historical and literal interest is in fact very gay, stlaker.
My bike can carry two though if you have any vacation time free..
1702150705863.png

Return trip probably Italy > Sicily > Tunisia > Algeria > Morocco > Gibraltar > Spain > Portugal

Josef Kuminski

кормить бабушку
Forum Clout
The most fucked up book I’ve ever read.

Attachments

• 7CCD80CD-0163-47E1-9DD8-0518C114301A.jpeg
    7CCD80CD-0163-47E1-9DD8-0518C114301A.jpeg
    499.8 KB · Views: 14
G

Amazing book. These people were fucking demons. I thought the whole car theft ring/selling hot cars to Dubai or where ever in the middle east was interesting.
That crime family was a crossroads for other sick stories, including the Jerry Sandusky scandal, Eddie Savitz and worst of all, Compound Media.

[URL unfurl="true"]https://onaforums.net/threads/pedophile-connections.30257/[/URL]

IanCurtis

Forum Clout
“Depraved” by Harold Schecter is a very comprehensive account of HH Holmes’ antics. Especially after he left Chicago.
Schecter's book on Gein (Deviant) is brilliant, written in the early eighties and he interviewed a lot of the key players, very detailed and really goes into why the whole community hated Gein and all the shit he had been doing secretly for years - the cover makes it look like throwaway trash but it really is a masterpiece of serial killer/crime writing.