• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Anthony is right about one thing: Spaceballs SUCKS

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Forum Clout
That's Bill Paxton. I rest my case.

Game over, man. Game over!

It is retarded goofy shit. I probably wouldn't watch it again but I have fond memories of it. It's like MAD magazine level lazy jokes but I liked MAD magazine when I was a kid too.

It's a kid's movie, basically, while other Brooks's movies are for grown up or at least teens. It make sense because Star Wars is for kids, but it makes it different tone from his other movies.

Forum Clout
The only part I laughed at when I saw it as a kid.

BrptVtDCMAEZxmf.jpg

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
Kind of felt like people figured out that his flicks were absolute shlock in the 90s, which is why those movies were panned (Robin Hood and Dracula).
Rather unfairly, I feel. Robin Hood is goofy schlock but it's got more effort put into it and laughs outta me than Spaceballs, which is just lazy and boring and all of Mel Brooks' worst elements set to max.

Spaceballs gets way more credit than it deserves because it was a Star Wars tie-in and it's praised as a masterpiece by the Erock generation because they grew up with it.

RoTheHo69

if you ban me, you are gay.
Forum Clout
The biggest problem with Spaceballs, or at least one of them, is that Bill Pullman and Daphne Zuniga are terrible comedic actors. Neither one are great period, but their wheelhouse is rom-coms and trashy tv dramas. You need a specific sensibility to lead a Mel Brooks movie and they ain’t got it.
Tss Bill Pullman's always to busy pullin his prick or somethinnnn cocksuckin mothafuckaa

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
Bill Pullman is an extremely forgettable actor. I bet his agent says "Who?" when his name comes up. Spaceballs, Independence Day, I dare anyone to name a third movie he's in off the top of their head.
My ex made me watch some retarded Netflix show where he was a detective trying to catch some serial killer but ends up hanging out with him while the guy is still murdering people in front of him, but he's still trying to catch him... it's so stupid. Anyways, Bill Pullman is now a grumbling old fuck and it's kind of hilarious. If I was ever casting "miserable grandpa" I'd have him in mind.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Forum Clout
My ex made me watch some retarded Netflix show where he was a detective trying to catch some serial killer but ends up hanging out with him while the guy is still murdering people in front of him, but he's still trying to catch him... it's so stupid. Anyways, Bill Pullman is now a grumbling old fuck and it's kind of hilarious. If I was ever casting "miserable grandpa" I'd have him in mind.
That's season 3 of The Sinner. Pretty good show.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
That's season 3 of The Sinner. Pretty good show.
It was a bad show. "You gotta stop killin' people, Jamie!" You're a fucking detective. Stop going out for drinks with the guy you know for a fact is the killer. I remember dying laughing and I used to repeat it all the time when they're at a house party for some reason posing as uncle and nephew and then the guy kills a bunch of people. I just remember another cop rushing up to Bill Pullman in the parking lot like "Where is he?" and Bill Pullman says "HE JUST RAN OFF!" Nice police work.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Forum Clout
It was a bad show. "You gotta stop killin' people, Jamie!" You're a fucking detective. Stop going out for drinks with the guy you know for a fact is the killer. I remember dying laughing and I used to repeat it all the time when they're at a house party for some reason posing as uncle and nephew and then the guy kills a bunch of people. I just remember another cop rushing up to Bill Pullman in the parking lot like "Where is he?" and Bill Pullman says "HE JUST RAN OFF!" Nice police work.
As a whole the show was pretty good, I remember thinking season 3 was the weak link. The other ones are just him trying to solve murders.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Forum Clout
I hated the killer's gay Nietzche boner too. I never saw the other seasons. I thought it was a standalone thing.
First season is about Jessica Biel going to up a random guy at the beach and stabbing him over and over and the mystery is finding out why. Second is something about a cult and the murder of two of it's members and the fourth is about a woman that is killed on a small island community.