A high voltage “thermal event”/explosion that happened at jobsite this week.

FranksWirecutters

Glow nigger. Got any of those IPs for me?
This is an inverter attached to a step up transformer. This is the result of a backfeed of 34.5k volts and a failure of the breakers/fuses in place to prevent this. Im a faggot, but i thought these pics were pretty cool. Its probably a multi-million dollar event after factoring in lack of production for the length of investigation and then the months of fighting about warranty coverage. Someone smarter than me can correct this part, but the engineers (that are 1000x smarter than me) said something like due to the corona effect, there was so much electricity inside the cabinet, it liquified the copper cables and ionized+magnetized the air and shot liquid buckshot 100’s of feet all around the effected area. The last picture is a computer screen that we collect data from, so 50% of the time someone is standing right there with their face right in front of it.

https://ibb.co/DRX5m1p
Have you tried turning it off and back on? Did they get the flash on video? Was it new equipment? I worked at a place that set 3 12k transformers on fire in a few months because of lack of maintenance on the 30 year old equipment.

Phish

I told them to back off bcuz it wasnt their show
Have you tried turning it off and back on? Did they get the flash on video? Was it new equipment? I worked at a place that set 3 12k transformers on fire in a few months because of lack of maintenance on the 30 year old equipment.
No, I wish it was on video. This one was just under the 5 yr mark, so it should still be covered under warranty as long as it’s maintenance records are up to date. Something like this the company always fights back and says “you guys fucked the maintenance up. It wasnt our fault”. I wouldnt want to work around a 30 yr old transformer haha. Fuuuck that.

ChildSpitTake

"He's ducking through the alleys!"
No, I wish it was on video. This one was just under the 5 yr mark, so it should still be covered under warranty as long as it’s maintenance records are up to date. Something like this the company always fights back and says “you guys fucked the maintenance up. It wasnt our fault”. I wouldnt want to work around a 30 yr old transformer haha. Fuuuck that.
Was this the transformer powering your computer when you called into NPS and that's why you sounded like you did?

OK, that was the last joke about your NPS appearance. Promise.