Your life is in the red by about 26k

stealthygeek

Reminder: Vincent D'Onofrio blocked Patrick
I may be wrong, but I think this is a good breakdown of what Pat has been "planning" to do, based on stuff he's said about them:
  • Books 4, 5, and 6 of The Ark
  • Book 3 of The Breach trilogy (Gate Crashers/Starship Pedo)
  • Sequel to In The Black
  • Herd Immunity
  • Exponential
  • His incredibly stupid Tiny Tim Revenge book
  • Screenplays for The Ark and Gate Crashers
He finished writing In The Black in March 2020. Two years later, he's got a lot of irons but no fire. And he's fat.
How I look at it is he thought his last 3 book deal was going to be a complete trilogy. Instead it's two unfinished series across multiple genres for any prospective publisher to see that he clearly isn't worth a multi book deal. Couple of dead end cliffhangers that he has to beg other people to go beg his former employer to pay him to write. What a pathetic piggy we have.

Last edited:

DanMullen'sRetardedNephew

Opie Simp
Here's how I see his 'literary career'

1. He started with a bunch of short stories and compilation work - publishing in collections with other people.
2. He got signed with Angry Robot Books through his connections and former agent, who apparently is a pretty big player in the publishing world. I have no idea how he got this agent, probably was just lucky.
3. His "big chance" was the Ark Trilogy and probably were the books he put the most work and care into. They still sucked and the trilogy bombed.
4. Angry Robot Books let him go, Piggy signed with TOR as a "This is your last chance" trilogy deal. And we all know how that turned out. TOR could have given two shits about helping him, they even left that Gatecrashers quote on the cover of Starship Repo.
5. He's now just shitting out gimmick stories like Herd Immunity and Tiny Tim Tales. He hasn't earned back any of his advances so the only way he'll get anything published in the traditional scene ever again is if he goes indie and becomes successful and tries to come back.

TLDR - He's a miserable failure and his career is over.

TorqueWheeler

Dan doesn't have a penis. I. Do.
4332-D3-D3-F846-44-F2-BA63-DB0-FEB7-F4242.jpg

Yeah, ba-dum-tss. I know.

G

I bet Tor could use another book that sells 200 copies to round out their portfolio. Good call, Pat.
The person who approves $100,000+ investments into these box office tragedies also has someone to answer to. They have a career as well, and it is a big kick in the balls when they approved funding for editors, marketing, author pay, and production of a book that sold 200 copies.

FurBurger

What would you do for a Klondike bar?
The person who approves $100,000+ investments into these box office tragedies also has someone to answer to. They have a career as well, and it is a big kick in the balls when they approved funding for editors, marketing, author pay, and production of a book that sold 200 copies.
Nobody's putting that kind of money into Pat's books.

The art's maybe a grand, the editor charges maybe a grand (less if you hire one that doesn't know what "the ecliptic" is, and is too lazy to Google it), hardback books are ordered 2000 units at a time (to avoid having remainder copies they can't sell) and are typically done on the basis of bookstore pre-paid pre-orders, so the publisher is spending the bookstore's money up front.

The biggest expense is Fatboy's $10k advance; and they won't make that mistake again.