WWAWT Office jobs?

G

Anyone else work in an office? I do IT so I'm in an office. Trying to go for a software dev position to make more money... but I don't know if that's sustainable long-term since lots of programming is outsourced. What's a good role to become rich in the IT field? @admin or anyone else who knows.

Anyway... I've been in retail, worked in a bar, in a kitchen... those jobs are all fucking shit. I love working in an office. I love having my own desk area and going to meetings and stuff. It's the structure I craved all my life. When I'd read Dilbert as a kid I always wanted something like that, as gay as that sounds. It's good to finally have that.

G

how long have you been working in that office? did (((data mining))) fresh out of high school and wasn't a fan. i actually liked working restaurant jobs, fresh crops of young waitresses to pick off that changeover frequently
I've been there almost a year. I started off helping with some easy below entry level job, and they liked me and gave me a spot on the IT help desk. Then I was there for a couple of months and I got a call from a manager asking if I wanted something better where I didn't have to be on the phones. I jumped at that opportunity lol.

Yeah I miss the pussy from working at the shitty hooligans-tier bar I worked at. I'm thinking about getting another job like that on weekends on something just for the pussy (and extra money obviously). I could take it easy and not worry about getting fired, since I wouldn't actually need the job.

G

Anyone else work in an office? I do IT so I'm in an office. Trying to go for a software dev position to make more money... but I don't know if that's sustainable long-term since lots of programming is outsourced. What's a good role to become rich in the IT field? @admin or anyone else who knows.

Anyway... I've been in retail, worked in a bar, in a kitchen... those jobs are all fucking shit. I love working in an office. I love having my own desk area and going to meetings and stuff. It's the structure I craved all my life. When I'd read Dilbert as a kid I always wanted something like that, as gay as that sounds. It's good to finally have that.
start a podcast

G

all in wit da office jobs. working from home is hell. im dying for that office water cooler talk, the alpha beta sigma hierarchy amongst men in the work place, that 40 yo cute wine milf who flirts with you because her marriage stinks.

the only thing is the pay would be less, and you can't move around..

it's choosing between higher salary/isolation or lower salary/more social life. the cliche meet at tgi fridays during happy hour to let off steam. americana.

it's a tough one man. I'd tell you if it wasnt'

Imager

Gen Z Boss And A Mini
I've been there almost a year. I started off helping with some easy below entry level job, and they liked me and gave me a spot on the IT help desk. Then I was there for a couple of months and I got a call from a manager asking if I wanted something better where I didn't have to be on the phones. I jumped at that opportunity lol.

Yeah I miss the pussy from working at the shitty hooligans-tier bar I worked at. I'm thinking about getting another job like that on weekends on something just for the pussy (and extra money obviously). I could take it easy and not worry about getting fired, since I wouldn't actually need the job.
Become an expert in a tool/process that no one wants to do. Get really good at supporting users. Then as soon as you can transition to enterprise software sales. Since you worked at a bar, you should have great social skills and if you know anything about tech as well you can make tons of bank.

CuckQueen

On the Joe Cumia retirement plan.
A good trick is to dump a box of paper clips behind an office or conference room door, lay next to them and sleep. If someone opens the door it will wake you up when they hit you and you can pretend you were picking up paperclips, and they'll probably be too surprised by hitting you to question it.

Last edited:

RaggotFetard

Didn’T LisTen
I start my new logistics job in about 40 minutes after having been unemployed for a few months. Better company and way better pay than my last position that laid me off. Met a few people and took a tour of the place during my first interview. There’s a few hot broads including one punk rock chick I’m gonna chat up as soon as I get a chance.

Last edited:
G

I thought we had this thread before but maybe it was with someone else..

the key to these IT jobs is you have to find something that must be done in person like network architecture or something like that. Any kind of programming that can be done at home is a lost cause because you’ll just get way underbid by some 3rd world shitskin or Soviet.

soulbrotherman#1

Specifically a quarter retarded
A good trick is to dump a box of paper clips behind an office or conference room door, lay next to them and sleep. If someone opens the door it will wake you up when they hit you and you can pretend you were picking up paperclips, and they'll probably be too surprised by hitting you to question it.
"I'm just picking up paper clips"
"One side of your face is red and you're drooling."

G

Become an expert in a tool/process that no one wants to do. Get really good at supporting users. Then as soon as you can transition to enterprise software sales. Since you worked at a bar, you should have great social skills and if you know anything about tech as well you can make tons of bank.
This is good advice. Always be closing.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
I did temp work at an office when I was out of high school and I just remember the broads there fawkin loving me but I was too pussy to make a move.

CuckQueen

On the Joe Cumia retirement plan.
This is by far the best answer for any profession. At least in law, law libraries are paying higher salaries than most guys at big firms because no one went into it. Just learning black letter for old English decisions is also really good. Find any process or system that is antiquated but not obsolete.

Last edited: