WWAWT "House that jack built"?

G

MV5BM2NlY2JkMGMtMGJmOC00Y2EzLWIxOTAtZGRhNjUzYzZhMTdmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA4NjE0NjEy._V1_.jpg

I'm not sure why, but this is probably one of my favorite films of the last five years.

There's just something about it that upped the watchabilty factor.

I really loved the scenes that took place in hell and the ending.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
I'll check it out. I have enjoyed everything I have seen from Lars Von Trier. Even Antichrist. I assume I should grab the unedited version.

Mr. Faggotry

The world’s expert on faggotry
I used to trust you brothermen with movie recommendations but someone recommended that lump of shit "World's Greatest Dad" and I have lost all faith.

G

I'll check it out. I have enjoyed everything I have seen from Lars Von Trier. Even Antichrist. I assume I should grab the unedited version.
Yes, get the unedited version. Please report back with your thoughts on it. If my memory is correct you're one of the resident movie guys around here, so I'm interested in your opinion of it.

It's currently streaming on AMC.

victor_sanchez

buck breaker supreme
agree. after my initial viewing, I watched it two more times that same week.
It's hilarious in several scenes (caving in Thurman's face with a tire jack, or autistically cleaning up a murder scene). There's a legit argument made about the importance of art dealing with dark subject matter. The ending caught me off guard with lars fourth wall breaking response to critics of his other films but it was well done nonetheless.

My only issue with is that it feels a little long and tedious before the hell sequence.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Yes, get the unedited version. Please report back with your thoughts on it. If my memory is correct you're one of the resident movie guys around here, so I'm interested in your opinion of it.

It's currently streaming on AMC.
Just finished it. Really enjoyed it as much as one could with how twisted it was. Was not expecting that mother and her children scene holy fuck. A little self indulgent to intercut scenes of his other movies near the last act but I didn't mind it I kind of laughed in a "hey I recognize that" but I didn't stand up and clap and cheer in the right places. If you haven't yet I recommend Antichrist. Hell even Nymphomaniac is worth at least one watch although the end to that one is definitely weaker. Overall not my favorite of his but worth watching for sure.

G

Just finished it. Really enjoyed it as much as one could with how twisted it was. Was not expecting that mother and her children scene holy fuck. A little self indulgent to intercut scenes of his other movies near the last act but I didn't mind it I kind of laughed in a "hey I recognize that" but I didn't stand up and clap and cheer in the right places. If you haven't yet I recommend Antichrist. Hell even Nymphomaniac is worth at least one watch although the end to that one is definitely weaker. Overall not my favorite of his but worth watching for sure.

Glad you enjoyed it. I'm not even sure why I like it so much... It's just one of those weird movies that somehow kept my attention all the way through. Which is rare for me these days.

I'll definitely check out Antichrist.