• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWD tipping the fucking kayak?

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
I did it for the first time in my life yesterday. The current motherfucked me. I had a ton of shit and managed not to lose anything. My baitcaster is probably fucked though, and that's annoying. I had to dive for it and open my eyes underwater in a beaver shit river, so I probably have some type of forest AIDS now. I also had my phone, but it's totally fine because I have one of those $5 plastic pouches. Take note, Patrick.

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
Forum Clout
One time on a big family vacation in Maryland, me and my cousins were way way out on the bay in our kayaks. One of them flipped, then in a panic he flipped someone elses.
Was a shitshow but we managed to tie a ton of knots and somehow bring everything back in. We mustve been at least a mile out and hammered

Former Prez Gerald Ford

Come over and we’ll have nachos. And some beer.
Forum Clout
Did this last summer on the lake. Twisted my body too fast to reach for the fishing pole behind me and the thing tipped like a drunken winner at the blackjack table. The livewell wasn’t latched either and my walleye dumped out, lucky bastard. Worst of all my last tall can fell into the water too.. I righted the kayak and then had to swim back into shore towing it behind me after I drank what was left of my can.. thing was half full of beer and the other half dirty lake water. Not PFG

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
Did this last summer on the lake. Twisted my body too fast to reach for the fishing pole behind me and the thing tipped like a drunken winner at the blackjack table. The livewell wasn’t latched either and my walleye dumped out, lucky bastard. Worst of all my last tall can fell into the water too.. I righted the kayak and then had to swim back into shore towing it behind me after I drank what was left of my can.. thing was half full of beer and the other half dirty lake water. Not PFG
It sounds like you have a nice sit on top kayak. I have some shitty 10 foot sit-in one with a milk crate with all my fishing shit in/on it strapped on the back. When it was full of water I barely got it up onto the bank to drain it and I'm at least twice as strong as Mark Henry. I managed to not lose my beer, which ruled. The only thing that got fucked was my cigarettes. I'm really hoping my baitcaster is okay. It got so fucking muddy. Pray for my reel.

Former Prez Gerald Ford

Forum Clout
It sounds like you have a nice sit on top kayak. I have some shitty 10 foot sit-in one with a milk crate with all my fishing shit in/on it strapped on the back. When it was full of water I barely got it up onto the bank to drain it and I'm at least twice as strong as Mark Henry. I managed to not lose my beer, which ruled. The only thing that got fucked was my cigarettes. I'm really hoping my baitcaster is okay. It got so fucking muddy. Pray for my reel.
It is nice it’s actually my dads though not mine he lets me take it when I want to fish specifically because it has a livewell. How expensive was your bait caster? You’re going to want to disassemble it and clean it with something bristley like a toothbrush but it’s a gamble because it’s harder to reassemble than you think. Good luck brotherman if worse comes to worse you can always tie some fishing line to your toe like Huck Finn and hope that works

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
It is nice it’s actually my dads though not mine he lets me take it when I want to fish specifically because it has a livewell. How expensive was your bait caster? You’re going to want to disassemble it and clean it with something bristley like a toothbrush but it’s a gamble because it’s harder to reassemble than you think. Good luck brotherman if worse comes to worse you can always tie some fishing line to your toe like Huck Finn and hope that works
It's actually just a cheap Ugly Stik combo, I might as well just get a new one. I have other rods but that was just the one I had in my hand like 90% of the time. I feel like it's my lucky one and now it's very likely fucked.

Why would God do this to me, Cap'n Dicktickler? Why would he punish me like this? I was being a good boy, minding my own business, getting shitfaced and fishing bass out of season and he smites me for no reason like I'm a fucking nigger or something.

Former Prez Gerald Ford

Forum Clout
It's actually just a cheap Ugly Stik combo, I might as well just get a new one. I have other rods but that was just the one I had in my hand like 90% of the time. I feel like it's my lucky one and now it's very likely fucked.

Why would God do this to me, Cap'n Dicktickler? Why would he punish me like this? I was being a good boy, minding my own business, getting shitfaced and fishing bass out of season and he smites me for no reason like I'm a fucking nigger or something.
I have an ugly stik too, there are definitely better reels out there but I agree I’ve had some good hits on it and I like it. My advice is look inward, Abe. Is it maybe because you agreed to co star in that dogshit Good Burger film with known pedophile and foot enthusiast Dan Schneider?

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
I have an ugly stik too, there are definitely better reels out there but I agree I’ve had some good hits on it and I like it. My advice is look inward, Abe. Is it maybe because you agreed to co star in that dogshit Good Burger film with known pedophile and foot enthusiast Dan Schneider?
Good Burger is my finest work and it makes me genuinely sad to hear that you didn't appreciate it. I went through hell making that movie. Dan Schneider made me jerk him off to completion with my feet and I have horrible arthritis. The two niggers abused me terribly. The fat one punched me in the face and stole my wallet while the stupid one laughed at me. The fat one also used to make me drive him to slums to buy PCP.

DiarrheaDick

Get up here and shut up!
Forum Clout
It sucks an ass. My friend got a book from his girl at the time of creeks to kayak in around where we lived, and the section we took was listed as medium difficulty. I'm used to casually paddling around a lake with a couple mountain sodas and a few small creeks with a small current and a few small dips here and there, but this was borderline white water shit at points with scooting down 10 foot drops. I had to actually peel the fingers of my right hand off the paddle with my left hand a few times with how white knuckled I was.

Toward the end, the creek narrowed considerably, but got deeper but the current was still very strong. We came upon a tight S-curve with high banks which also had a big tree down in the middle at about head level by the bank. If you didn't have good enough speed, and couldn't stay tight at the curve, the current was just gonna push you right into the downed tree. Friend goes though after a few tries, and we weren't able to see each other afterwards. I fucked up my first attempt and got pushed against the tree, which tipped my kayak and I took in a bit of water. The current was too strong to go back, and the banks were too high to climb up so I couldn't dump any water. I tried again, with a bunch of water in my kayak, and once again got blasted into the tree and water just dumped into my kayak. I wound up ditching it and clung to the tree, but the current was strong enough that water was blasting over my face regardless of how I turned my head. My buddy and I still had no visual contact and I could only yell that I had to ditch and swim. I reluctantly went under water to get under the tree and fortunately got caught up in some brush on the other side I could grab onto and pull myself up. I found some footing to pull myself up onto a bank and wound up shimmying across the downed tree to free my kayak from some brush under water so my friend could catch it a few yards up stream. All of the cards in my wallet were shot as well as the FOB to my car. Oddly enough the walkie-talkie I brought still worked. My fawkin' PB&J and trail mix were shot too.

Where we at with your paddle breaking in a creek in the middle of fucking nowhere? I found a sewage treatment plant while walking through the woods trying to find a road. It was dumping into the creek I was in too.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
It sucks an ass. My friend got a book from his girl at the time of creeks to kayak in around where we lived, and the section we took was listed as medium difficulty. I'm used to casually paddling around a lake with a couple mountain sodas and a few small creeks with a small current and a few small dips here and there, but this was borderline white water shit at points with scooting down 10 foot drops. I had to actually peel the fingers of my right hand off the paddle with my left hand a few times with how white knuckled I was.

Toward the end, the creek narrowed considerably, but got deeper but the current was still very strong. We came upon a tight S-curve with high banks which also had a big tree down in the middle at about head level by the bank. If you didn't have good enough speed, and couldn't stay tight at the curve, the current was just gonna push you right into the downed tree. Friend goes though after a few tries, and we weren't able to see each other afterwards. I fucked up my first attempt and got pushed against the tree, which tipped my kayak and I took in a bit of water. The current was too strong to go back, and the banks were too high to climb up so I couldn't dump any water. I tried again, with a bunch of water in my kayak, and once again got blasted into the tree and water just dumped into my kayak. I wound up ditching it and clung to the tree, but the current was strong enough that water was blasting over my face regardless of how I turned my head. My buddy and I still had no visual contact and I could only yell that I had to ditch and swim. I reluctantly went under water to get under the tree and fortunately got caught up in some brush on the other side I could grab onto and pull myself up. I found some footing to pull myself up onto a bank and wound up shimmying across the downed tree to free my kayak from some brush under water so my friend could catch it a few yards up stream. All of the cards in my wallet were shot as well as the FOB to my car. Oddly enough the walkie-talkie I brought still worked. My fawkin' PB&J and trail mix were shot too.

Where we at with your paddle breaking in a creek in the middle of fucking nowhere? I found a sewage treatment plant while walking through the woods trying to find a road. It was dumping into the creek I was in too.

That all sounds like a fucking nightmare. I also had my fob for my car and I was worried about it but I had it in one of those waterproof Woods bags. Turns out they're pretty legit.

The paddle breaking or losing the paddle would totally be my shitty luck so I have another shitty paddle from some inflatable thing I had when I was a kid that I keep collapsed behind the seat where it does me no good because I wouldn't be able to get to it without getting out of the kayak. I literally just now realized how fucking retarded that is.

G

Fell in the Thames a few times when I was learning to row as a youngster. Single sculls. Lift your left hand too high, the boat rolls over to the right, right hand, vice versa. The trainer was in a small tub with an engine to fish you out luckily, as the Thames in October and November is pretty fucking cold and we were in shorts and t-shirts.