WWAWD The Ashes?

there's grass on the wicket so time to play cricket

(how do I do Anth-face?)
IMG_2620.jpeg

T20 can be fun to play but watching test cricket is for the retired and unemployed
What about us underemployed/semi retired? Test matches are the best when they are good. Normally they build to moments of tension and drama but this one was memorable all 5 days for something.

Declaring was just bravado gone wrong. Don't do that again Ben.

What about us underemployed/semi retired? Test matches are the best when they are good. Normally they build to moments of tension and drama but this one was memorable all 5 days for something.

Declaring was just bravado gone wrong. Don't do that again Ben.
What changes would you make for the second match?

Bairstow needs to be replaced as keeper with Buttler, missed too many chances. Root can spin in place of Moeen or Leach. Bring in Woakes or Wood for Jimmy.

Love test cricket, the ebs and flows, the changing conditions, the big decisions... Especially the Ashes as I mostly only watch matches involving England and Australia. I could see the series being drawn again. Both teams very evenly matched.

If you didn't grow up on it, Cricket's a bit of an acquired taste. Very English. Eccentric, antiquated, imperialistic. A gentleman's sport. I understand why it doesn't translate to Americans, although as mentioned earlier in the thread, T20 Cricket's a lot more accessible.