WWAWD Sweet Caroline

It's pretty impressive to write a classic song like that.

I think when it comes to catchiness, it just sometimes comes to you. Most musicians spend countless hours practicing learning how to play a guitar (pain in the arse) or a piano (easier).

Most of that time, and most of the 'songs' you write will be shit.

Once in a while you get up in the morning and your thought process is: What if I were to sing "Sweet Caroliiiine DUN DUN DUN" and that's your retirement sorted.

The Arm

Fire stalk with me.
1000000568.jpg

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
i don't hate it, but i'm kind of sick of it. it's like the popular Queen songs, or that Journey song that has been played to death. any time i hear this shit now it reminds me of sloppy drunk rubes in a gay piano bar.
That’s how I feel about FM rock radio stations - who is still listening to it? I checked my cities big rock stations playlist and it’s pretty much exactly the same from 20 years ago with a few newer songs thrown in. Odds are Enter Sandman, Even Flow, Smells Like Teen Spirit, Paradise City, and Basket Case will be played at least 3 times every day.

That’s how I feel about FM rock radio stations - who is still listening to it? I checked my cities big rock stations playlist and it’s pretty much exactly the same from 20 years ago with a few newer songs thrown in. Odds are Enter Sandman, Even Flow, Smells Like Teen Spirit, Paradise City, and Basket Case will be played at least 3 times every day.
the station here isn't too bad, they'll play stuff like New Order, Morrisey, and Dinosaur Jr, but you usually have awful gay shit like pearl jam and the Counting Crows between all that. i wish FM would be more experimental and niche in programming in general, similar to how college radio stations can be with what they choose to play.