• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWD Flava Flav?

I was a HUGE fan of Public Enemy when I was fourteen years old, to the disgust of everyone I knew.

In the 80s, I thought Flav was a clown and couldn't understand why he was in Public Enemy at all.
But now he's probably my favorite part of the band. I used to think "911 is a Joke" was lowbrow and stupid, now I think that the beats on most of their tracks are really good, but their goofy politics and weird/gay "Security of the First World" shit and the fact that half the band hates white people (nearly all their fans are white) was just some kind of humiliation ritual that appealed to self-flagellating white people.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• 451768244_1042688020546062_597527183506577722_n.jpg
    451768244_1042688020546062_597527183506577722_n.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 114
In 1990 or so he bought his dad a small house in the town I grew up in on Long Island right next door to my friend. His dad was cool as shit always giving us free hats, shirts and posters. When they had the annual block party during the summer he showed up and was cool as fuck. Smoking weed and drinking 40's of Olde English and St Ides with a bunch of white teenagers and freestyling to the music. What I remember the most was how bad he smelled. It was a mix of crack, ass and coconut oil. His dad a few years after that.

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
I like the goofy bastard. Haven't seen him in a few years but I used to see him around a lot. My friend used to work at a pizza place that one of his houses was right over the fence and he was always hopping the fence to grab free pizza from her.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
He’s funny, but also the only member of Public Enemy who hasn’t spoken out against the Jews, which has helped him I’m sure, but is a bit disappointing.