• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWD Bela Fleck?

RaggotFetard

Didn’T LisTen
I’ve been a tremendous admirer of his for many years and consider him one of the greatest musicians of all time. I’m a huge jazz-head and appreciate his fusion stuff, and am a fairly big bluegrass-head and REALLY love what he does there. His work with Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, his solo bluegrass shit…all mind blowing. Quick slightly amusing story,; I’ve seen him live a few times, but the first time was at Stagecoach 2007, he and Abigail Washburn were playing heavy bluegrass while sitting on haystacks in a small tent. I came up and introduced myself as the drummer of a little known gay emo band with some radio play, and he was super fucking cool to me and invited me backstage and seemed just as excited to be hanging out with me as I was with him. Dude’s a fucking G and undeniably the greatest ever banjo player since Earl Scruggs. I’d trade all of my drumming ability to play banjo half as good as he does in a heartbeat.

And one of my all time favorite songs, all these years later…

Last edited:

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
This Bela guy sucks way less cock than Ray Wilson.
img_lgomez_20171129-133155_imagenes_lv_otras_fuentes_draculaa-kalC-U433288962841zwC-992x558@La...jpg

Bela Fleck rules but he surrounds himself with hacks like Victor Wooten. The movie where he goes to Africa is one of my favorites.

Do you play the banjo at all? Nathan Bowles was a drummer turned old-time style player. Huge fan, and he really gets a different sound because of his background drumming. He was a drummer for Steve Gunn on one of his recent albums.

Last edited:

RaggotFetard

Didn’T LisTen
Bela Fleck rules but he surrounds himself with hacks like Victor Wooten. The movie where he goes to Africa is one of my favorites.

Do you play the banjo at all? Nathan Bowles was a drummer turned old-time style player. Huge fan, and he really gets a different sound because of his background drumming. He was a drummer for Steve Gunn on one of his recent albums.

I don’t play banjo, just a big fan. Thanks for the rec brotherman! I’ll check this out when I get a chance.

DickShawNitrate

Fuck..Can you say Fuck
Saw them in Tulsa, OK. The armpit bible banging center of zero's on the ert. They are truly talented motherfukers. Wish I could replay that night. Face full of Oklahoma 40 sumptin bush. Talented fucking A+ musicians.

Phish

I told them to back off bcuz it wasnt their show
I have that one as well, brotherman. Fun fact. Victor Wooten here, is regarded as the greatest living bassist since Jaco’s death, a sentiment I agree with. GOAT bass player and GOAT banjo player in the same group!
Victor Wooten was incredible. Les Claypool credited him and Stuart Hamm for alot of his inspiration to playing the bass the way he does. Im a big fan of Claypool.