• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW Your Commute Coinciding with Sam Roberts "Pre Show" so you miss out on O and A?

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Back when O&A were on the air on SiriusXM, I used to live in SoCal :brothaman_sm: and during my commute to work, it coincided exactly with the Sam Roberts Pre show so I didn't hear the bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbboys on the way to work. Maybe it was post show? In any event, they should have just had the O&A show replaying the whole time to avoid that.

10 years later and I'm still FAWKIN' pissed about it

Last edited:

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Sam first started out with a show after O&A that bridged the gap between O&A and R&F. Then he started doing pre-shows in the morning before the show. By the end of the show in 2014 he was doing 30 minutes before and after O&A basically every day. Giving O&A an hour off each morning and the ability to show up 30 minutes later than usual because they would no longer start at 6am. The shows that Sam hosted were pure trash and offer almost nothing upon relisten.

Most likely if Anthony had not been fired they would have moved O&A back an hour or two for their next contract. And started the morning show at 7am or 8am. And then done a morning show with Sam and someone else to fill in the gap. Which would have been a disaster of course. Stern lost pretty much his entire audience by not regularly doing his established five day a week 6am show. O&A were probably on their way to no longer working five days a week like Anthony did for his failed network.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
By the end of the show in 2014 he was doing 30 minutes before and after O&A basically every day.
Exactly! That shit coincided exactly with my 30 minute commute and it was FUCKING ENNNNNNRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAGGGGGGGGGING! Paying for Sirius in order to listen O&A in your car and you've got the solo Sam Roberts show instead * spits on floor *
220px-Jim_Norton_in_XM_Studios_in_2005.jpg

It's such an easy fix, too -- obviously should have just replayed the damn show the second it ended.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
It's such an easy fix, too -- obviously should have just replayed the damn show the second it ended.
That wasn't the point though. The entire point of Sam's show was to pave the way for O&A to work from 8am to 11am or only four days a week like Stern. Jim and Sam literally do those exact hours and days of the week. It means that Sirius pays basically all of talk radio less as well as they barely do any live talk programming of their own. Lots of talk shows that air on delay usually tape their Thursday or Friday shows a day or two earlier as well.

The days of live talk shows and news are pretty much dead.

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
That wasn't the point though. The entire point of Sam's show was to pave the way for O&A to work from 8am to 11am or only four days a week like Stern. Jim and Sam literally do those exact hours and days of the week. It means that Sirius pays basically all of talk radio less as well as they barely do any live talk programming of their own. Lots of talk shows that air on delay usually tape their Thursday or Friday shows a day or two earlier as well.

The days of live talk shows and news are pretty much dead.
Speaking of remember Jim threatened to quit because the pay was "insulting", and threatened to join Gas digital instead of re signing