WWAW with the washed up action stars of the 70's & 80's?

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Stallone, Schwarzengger, Rourke, Lundgren, Van Damme, Willis, Seagal?

How many of these guys actually did decent action films or were just products of the time? Was watching some Stallone movies recently and honestly almost everything outside of the Rambo and Rocky movies are terrible.

Snake

Anything Arnold did outside of T1-2 and Predator is mediocre horseshit.

Van Damme just had Bloodsport and Kickerboxer, but they're essentially the same film. Even had the same composer. He made a lot of good bad movies you watch as a kid since you don't know any better.

Stallone just has those two listed. Everything else is shit. The Expendables is shit. I do give him credit for Rambo 4 though. That was great. Even Rocky Balboa, while completely unnecessary, wasn't as awful as it could of been.

Willis has DH1 and anything that is purely based around him beyond that is almost entirely shit. Or, if it's successful, it has nothing to do with him. The Sixth Sense for example. You'll never sell me on DH2, but DH3 is alright.

Jim Norton’s Wife's Cock

Those breeches will stay open!
Schwarzenegger is by far the best. He was in the best action movies during a time when action movies were actually good, his back catalogue is lengthy and impressive.

Stallone's biggest accomplishments were Rambo & Rocky as you said, the first Rambo wasn't even a pure action movie imo it had drama elements to it, the ones following First Blood has more emphasis on the action. I also wouldn't deem Rocky an action movie, it's one of those 80's sporting drama epics. All the other action movies he was in during that period were duds like Cobra & Judge Dredd. (Demolition Man was good)

Was Rourke even an action star in the 70's/80's?

Lundgren C tier action star.

Van Damme was B tier, has been in some good movies but most were stinkers.

The only action movie i remember Willis being in from the 80's was Die Hard.

Seagal C tier, a poor mans Van Damme.

Notable mention, Chow Yun-Fat.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Schwarzenegger’s best movies involved science fiction (Terminator, Total Recall, even Running Man wasn’t bad) but also could be funny with Twins and Kindergarten Cop. He had an amazing box office run for a guy with such a thick accent but by the late 90s was falling off. Most of stallone’s movies were shit but I believe has a record for the only actor to have number 1 movies over 5 decades. Lundgren was pretty much sent to the direct to video bin in the early 90s. Seagal started good but was also soon in the direct to video bin and has been making shitty movies since then. Van Damme had some decent early movies but more entertaining and not “good” on the movie scale.

Willis I think was a huge hit because he was wasn’t big and muscular like Arnold and the others. Almost like a “regular guy” that just gets into crazy situations. But it was also the time, 80s were big action hero’s into the early 90s and kind of outdated as the 90s went on.

I once heard from Stallone what “killed” the big muscle action hero actors was 1989’s Batman with Michael Keaton. His suit had the muscles on it which is what they’re been doing for all these superhero cape shit movies.

Chuck Norris wasn’t mentioned but his best 80s action was “Code of Silence” because it had been written with Clint Eastwood in mind.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Rourke is the only one to be in something good past his prime. The Wrestler still holds up and is fawkin depressing *sniff*

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Filipino Supervisor
Stallone, Schwarzengger, Rourke, Lundgren, Van Damme, Willis, Seagal?

How many of these guys actually did decent action films or were just products of the time? Was watching some Stallone movies recently and honestly almost everything outside of the Rambo and Rocky movies are terrible.
Cobra, Conan these are classics.

You know what I love about dvd and blu ray? You can put the subtitles on Stallones movies and finally understand what the slobberjawed bastard is saying.
You ever watch a movie on descriptive audio mode? It's where they tell you what's happening. I guess it's designed for blind fucks IDK, but I watched Halloween Kills like that and it was funny hearing this robot woman voice describing how Michael Myers was killing everyone.

Chapel

Dirty Bastard
You ever watch a movie on descriptive audio mode? It's where they tell you what's happening. I guess it's designed for blind fucks IDK, but I watched Halloween Kills like that and it was funny hearing this robot woman voice describing how Michael Myers was killing everyone.
18BDEE00-9C56-4736-BDDD-824CDD88F774.jpeg