• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW with the Pixies?

Rutherford_b_Blaze

Massachusetts State Senator
I loved the Pixies as a teenager and in my 20s. I'm schizoid/agoraphobic and don't do concerts but I saw them 3 times, many years ago.Now when I try to listen to them, they just kind of annoy me. My music taste definitely has not matured and I exclusively listen to music I listened to as a teenager--so maybe they just suck. Thoughts?

Jesse Ventura

Access to the debates
I like them. Saw them in concert years ago and Frank Black stopped playing like 20 seconds into Where Is My Mind and said “I fucking hate this song” then continued.

Pretty sick of their stuff by now myself after all these years though.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
That song is about a woman sneaking off to bang a black guy with a giant penis.

:oops:

I like them. Saw them in concert years ago and Frank Black stopped playing like 20 seconds into Where Is My Mind and said “I fucking hate this song” then continued.

Pretty sick of their stuff by now myself after all these years though.

Saw them when they kicked off their reunion tour. Show was in Milwaukee. Good experience, but that city is a shit hole.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
They're a very good band.

Maybe overrated in terms of the credit that they're given, but not quality wise.

If anything, you might have just over-played them. It happens. Sometimes people will out of the blue get sick of a band, or a lead singer.

Unless you're an American, then you'll never get sick of a short balding drummer behind a microphone, even when he's replaced by a striking Scotsman with a thick head of hair and the voice of angels.

.... Rayposting

Rutherford_b_Blaze

Massachusetts State Senator
Its just Pixies, there's no "The"

The Pixies are good, Bossanova is a great album and to my knowledge the only band who had a single banned from MTV because the video was too boring (Velouria)
It's The Pixies. I'm wearing the shirt right now from their 2004 tour and it clearly says "The Pixies sell out"

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
They should have broken up after Doolittle.
They'd have been legends.

EDIT:
They should have just released Surfer Rosa, followed by Debaser as a single with this the B-Side and then killed themselves to spare the rest of us talking about a mediocre band who happened to be in the right place at the right time with a great producer.

Last edited:

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
Yeah, Brits sometimes call songs "records" as well as albums. At least of my generation
I hear you. I called CDs records even after records were no longer a thing.
Now that records are, again, the dominant physical format, I don't know what to make of the world.
But yes, Debaser is a Pixies song, maybe their best.