WWAW with Rush

G

"Blah blah blah blah..." Best acceptance speech ever.
04683782.jpg

Monk

Solidly my second favorite band of all-time. No other band matches their music quality when playing live to the extent that I usually prefer the live version of most of their songs. Exit...Stage Left is by far my favorite live album/concert video ever.

The first 40 minutes from the intro/Camera Eye to YYZ and especially The Trees/Xanadu is beyond description.

G

Don't bother you that they eventually started piping shit in instead of playing bass and keys at the same time?
I saw them the last 3 or 4 tours they did. There's very little "piped in" stuff. Maybe the keyboard shit and a few intro type things. They were clearly playing the music. (Lifeson is a great guitarist and even he Brother Joe's a few notes here and there.) The only minor complaint is Geddy's voice was shot to shit, but what are you gonna do?

It's not like Motley Crue or KISS whose whole show is fake despite their music being 1/100 as complex as Rush.

TheRevAlJolson

Blackface Killah
It's not like Motley Crue or KISS whose whole show is fake despite their music being 1/100 as complex as Rush.
Fucking Motley Crue... Kick start my heart, wild side, girls - pretty fucking great songs - but the deep cuts on their albums are some of the worst shit I've ever heard. Pretty clear that whatever producers they were bringing in were there just to massage a few songs into hits and let the rest of the albums be nearly unlistenable filler. Also, Nikki Sixx could be one of the worst bassists I've ever heard.

N64 Cube

Patrick S. Tomlinson staring in “Liquor Pig”
I saw them for the first time in 2010. The second half of the setlist was Moving Pictures in it's entirety. I knew their names and new they are great musicians, but was only familiar with their hits (Tom Sawyer, YYZ, Spirit of Radio, Subdivisions) Wasn't a big fan before, but their live show turned me into a fan.

That's all I got.

Pat is fat.

G

They're fine, horribly overplayed in Canada though. Up here 50% of all songs played on the radio have to be by Canadian artists and we just don't have a deep bench. I prefer The Tragically Hip, personally.