WWAW White Lotus

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
I concur with you on the sex scenes. I've become a prude about them, doesn't matter if it's heterosexuals or sodomites. I want to tell HBO that it's not 1998 anymore, the Sex & The City broads are old hags, and sex scenes are not shocking, there are a million places to watch shit like that.

But the gay guy was the villain of the season. The second season as well had evil gay men. Kind of brilliant Mike White was able to get away with that twice.

It's easy to overlook at first because that newly wed husband was so unlikable, but he was right. The hotel gave them the wrong room, and instead of fixing it, the gay manager lies and then spends the series fucking with him and hitting on the other married man.

G

I thought it was actually pretty subversive, especially the second season. The woke girls in the first season were eventually presented as completely self-involved and full of shit, every homosexual in it was either a predatory drug addicted mess or a manipulative, shallow shit. The only characters who came out as anywhere approaching likeable by the end were the weird looking quasi dwarf girl who worked for Stiffler's mom and the horny flatulent old man played by F. Murray Abraham.

Jenna

I'm the girl u needed in Jr. High
Daddario deciding to stay with her jerkass husband and accept her role as the trophy wife was a great twist. The entire season subverts you with the "strong independent woman who's gonna leave this asshole!" angle where you think it's going. Meanwhile also giving you all the reasons she stayed. She's a shitty clickbait journalist who like, you know, maybe wants to work for a charity or something. Her family, the black spa worker, Connie Britton: nobody has time to listen to the poor little hot chick whine about how she feels unappreciated.

Still going through season 2. I really have trouble with Imperioli not talking like Christopher.