WWAW this theory on Tony Soprano's killer?

Monk

This is one of the worst Sopranos ending theories I've read and I've read them all. A ton of characters wear members-only jackets over the course of the show and grey is one of, if not the most commonly worn color of members-only jacket. Also, Teddy Spirodakis' initials aren't the same as Tony's. Tony's full name is Anthony John Soprano which makes his initials AJS or AS. Ginny's brother even specifically uses "AS" when attempting to communicate with John about Tony regarding the sale of the company in New Orleans that John was a partner in. The claim that the man in the members-only jacket looks like Eugene is pure opinion. It would be just as valid to say he looks like a relative of Artie or Furio. His face is just too ambiguous for that to hold any validity.

The most plausible explanation regarding Tony's death is that the members-only jacket guy was a hitter from New York sent by Butch to take out Tony. Butch was clearly not a fan of Phil as boss so he did nothing to stop Jersey from taking out Phil. He then used the false sense of security Tony felt from Phil's death to take Tony out because he was also difficult to work with. Butchie would have likely set Paulie up as a puppet boss(ala Junior but with even less power) to run what's left of the DiMeo crew. Paulie would have basically had no choice other than to go along with it or Butch would just take him out and find someone else to run things.

My explanation fits a lot better, especially with all the references made throughout the show to the Art of War and Machiavelli.

Last edited: