WWAW this looking like it could be good

SensibleKeks

Blacks served in the German army during WW1 bigots.

maxresdefault.jpg

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
It looks promising but it seems it'll suffer of the same shit a lot of modern war movies have, leaning a bit too much into dramatic gross-out horror of war shit mixed with over-CGI'd bombastic action scenes.

The 1979 version is great because it's so understated. It feels like a soldier's recollections of his time during an awful war, a bitter-sweet mix of often relatively mundane army life interspersed with sudden macabre and horrible events which they just have to deal with, not a 24/7 horror movie with some saccharine elements thrown in.

I'm calling it now, the new film won't have anything as poignantly awful as the scene of Bäumer spending the night next to a dying French soldier.

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Filipino Supervisor
It looks promising but it seems it'll suffer of the same shit a lot of modern war movies have, leaning a bit too much into dramatic gross-out horror of war shit mixed with over-CGI'd bombastic action scenes.

The 1979 version is great because it's so understated. It feels like a soldier's recollections of his time during an awful war, a bitter-sweet mix of often relatively mundane army life interspersed with sudden macabre and horrible events which they just have to deal with, not a 24/7 horror movie with some saccharine elements thrown in.

I'm calling it now, the new film won't have anything as poignantly awful as the scene of Bäumer spending the night next to a dying French soldier.

I saw this movie, both versions in high school history class. I have not seen in it since and that scene still haunts me Fantastic work