Wwaw the Owen Hart

G

Last monday was 23 years ago that Owen Hart fell to his death during the taping of WWF Over The Edge 1999. Do you guys think that had he lived he would’ve become as big a superstar like his brother? I liked and admired his athleticism but he didn’t have the same charisma or presence that Bret had imo

D268503F-59C9-4067-A01A-DEE84B7EA8D1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
He was the best technical wrestler of the family. His name being Hart simultaneously pushed him to the top/limited his push. He was just starting to blossom into his own with the Blue Blazer gimmick. Most account paint Owen in a good light. Being the prankster/jokester type. He did try to kill Steve Austin and Dan Severn by sitting into pile drivers instead of going to his knees. Seemed like a good egg. Wish WWF would have used a proper safety mechanism on that harness and not the quick release carabeener that ultimately caused his death.

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
This is an Owen thread, but that glare Bret gives the crowd at around 6:00 during the hug is masterful.
He was a master storyteller, no one better in my opinion, people say he sucked on the mic but i highly disagree with that, he just wasn't as flamboyant as others, but everything he said felt so natural and real, you truly couldn't seperate fact from fiction.

Bret in 1997 has to be my favorite heel (to me he was a face) of all time, his feud with Austin was fantastic, a shame he left for WCW, i would have loved to see him in the WWF during the peak of the attitude era.

Last edited: