WWAW the Oldboy scene

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.

I get it's purposely silly and it's supposed to be heightened and all that shit. It's still funny to me how people will defend it at as "realistic" though.

It's a really well shot anime-inspired fight scene.

Don't fucking defend a little asian guy running along a corridor trying to take on 50 guys with a little breakable plank is in any way realistic. Just don't. Stop it.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
I remember when Brawl in Cell Block 99 came out you could tell who had never been in a fight when people would praise the fight scenes. Like, the violence is supposed to be cartoonishly over the top, but the fighting looked like fucking shit. People don't just go shot for shot and nobody just lets somebody throw a really slow, all haymaker combo on them without covering up. Moreover, if you're fighting someone who isn't a boxer, they probably aren't going to box, they're just going to fight.

G

[MEDIA=youtube]VwIIDzrVVdc[/MEDIA]

I get it's purposely silly and it's supposed to be heightened and all that shit. It's still funny to me how people will defend it at as "realistic" though.

It's a really well shot anime-inspired fight scene.

Don't fucking defend a little asian guy running along a corridor trying to take on 50 guys with a little breakable plank is in any way realistic. Just don't. Stop it.
I hate YouTube comments. People talking how realistic it is meanwhile they would cry being slapped.