WWAW The Flaming Lips?

Harry Powell

Semen is the aggression of a man
After Yoshimi they never did a single genuine thing again.

Just like Rivers Cuomo, once Wayne Coyne suckled at the sweet tit of mainstream success he immediately sold out.

WOW WE’RE SUCH A ZANY LIVE BAND WITH A GIANT BALL YOU CAN ROLL AROUND IN, FESTIVAL GOING CHILDS!

I couldn’t listen to them anymore. Too much pandering to the late aughts peak-indie neo-hippy festival crowd.

Edit to add: yes of course Pinkerton is a great album. But when it bombed Rivers made the decision to never err on the side of being vulnerable and genuine again.

In a similar way there are a few great post-Yoshimi songs, but there was a decided reduction in doing crazy, weird, uncommmercial shit.

After Yoshimi they never did a single genuine thing again.

Just like Rivers Cuomo, once Wayne Coyne suckled at the sweet tit of mainstream success he immediately sold out.

WOW WE’RE SUCH A ZANY LIVE BAND WITH A GIANT BALL YOU CAN ROLL AROUND IN, FESTIVAL GOING CHILDS!

I couldn’t listen to them anymore. Too much pandering to the late aughts peak-indie neo-hippy festival crowd.

Edit to add: yes of course Pinkerton is a great album. But when it bombed Rivers made the decision to never err on the side of being vulnerable and genuine again.

In a similar way there are a few great post-Yoshimi songs, but there was a decided reduction in doing crazy, weird, uncommmercial shit.
At War with mystics has some decent tracks but nothing on the level of clouds through yoshimi.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
I remember they performed with Beck a few times. They were pretty good, I thought.

Anyone ever hear about how Beck recorded an album with The John Spencer Blues Explosion and never released it? Then those tapes, along with numerous other artists tapes, even classic and historical ones, were destroyed in the Universal Music Group fire years ago? Supposedly he didn't find out they were destroyed until years later, as Universal was trying to cover up the extent of the damage for a very long time.

Shit like that just angers me.