WWAW the 90s Pink Floyd?

Easily_Remembered

It's not REALLY Ray Wilson
I rather enjoyed the Gilmour led albums. "Learning to Fly" was a great single and holds up well today, and even Waters was forced to give them a back handed compliment upon the release of "Momentary Lapse".

Waters and Gilmour did their best work together, but Gilmour's post-Waters era of leading Floyd holds up better than any of Waters' solo work ( I actually remember being excited to listen to Waters' 2 disc concept album about hitchhiking ... it, uh, was no "The Wall").

Waters' ego really sabotaged one of the greatest bands of the time. "The Final Cut" was even credited as "The Final Cut by Roger Waters / Music by Pink Floyd "). Waters wanted to tell complex stories and be credited for his genius, whereas Gilmour was just an old rocker dude.

I rather enjoyed the Gilmour led albums. "Learning to Fly" was a great single and holds up well today, and even Waters was forced to give them a back handed compliment upon the release of "Momentary Lapse".

Waters and Gilmour did their best work together, but Gilmour's post-Waters era of leading Floyd holds up better than any of Waters' solo work ( I actually remember being excited to listen to Waters' 2 disc concept album about hitchhiking ... it, uh, was no "The Wall").

Waters' ego really sabotaged one of the greatest bands of the time. "The Final Cut" was even credited as "The Final Cut by Roger Waters / Music by Pink Floyd "). Waters wanted to tell complex stories and be credited for his genius, whereas Gilmour was just an old rocker dude.
Waters on Momentary Lapse of Reason: "I think it's very facile, but a quite clever forgery ... The songs are poor in general; the lyrics I can't quite believe. Gilmour's lyrics are very third-rate."

On The Division Bell: "just rubbish ... nonsense from beginning to end."

He didn’t seem to fond of what came after him. I wonder how much was ego or bitterness? Nick Mason said his criticism of MLR was fair.