WWAW Teaser Trailers that are effective, but don't tell you anything about the movie

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
I saw this one when I went to go see Top Gun the other week. I doubt the movie itself will be any good, but I was still surprised by how effective it worked as a teaser for being less than a minute long. You really don't see them like this anymore.

CuckQueen

On the Joe Cumia retirement plan.
I prefer the old style trailers that told you everything about the movie, literally the narrator says what the characters were, gives you the setting and background and most of the plot setup. If your movie is such dogshit it can be spoiled in two and half minutes of showing gags or action set pieces it was going to fucking suck anyway.

Last edited:

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Trailers nowadays are not done by the studio. There are trailer services that take the action shots, a few pieces of 'funny' dialog, and then a few shots of the main actors, and just smash them into a trailer. The reason they do this is to market the movie to niggers and chinks. So the trailer has basically no discernible English in it at all and does not need to be translated outside of a few simple lines. Movies are already nothing but mindless action sequences chained together with very little dialog.

This is why so many trailers look the same and sound the same. They are being cut by the same company, same narrators, same fonts, templates, and software. The same companies exist for making DVD or Bluray releases (not that anything releases on Bluray anymore) with generic imagery and menus.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Trailers nowadays are not done by the studio. There are trailer services that take the action shots, a few pieces of 'funny' dialog, and then a few shots of the main actors, and just smash them into a trailer. The reason they do this is to market the movie to niggers and chinks. So the trailer has basically no discernible English in it at all and does not need to be translated outside of a few simple lines. Movies are already nothing but mindless action sequences chained together with very little dialog.

This is why so many trailers look the same and sound the same. They are being cut by the same company, same narrators, same fonts, templates, and software. The same companies exist for making DVD or Bluray releases (not that anything releases on Bluray anymore) with generic imagery and menus.
My favorite trailers are the ones that have the BWAHHHHHHHOUUGGGHHHHH sound as it cuts to each scene. Fucking garbage.

Riccardo Bosi

watches seasons 3-9 all the time, child.
My favourite trailer is Deutschland, because going to Germany didn't resemble the trailer at all.