WWAW old racist children's books you read in school?

G

Enid Blyton wrote the Famous Five books, which I enjoyed as a kid, but she also wrote Noddy (which I thought was gay even as a 5 year old.) The Golliwogs were prominent characters in Toyland
1654609802828.png

This one was about the dangers of doing one of them a favour
1654609989482.png

I'm just about old enough to remember the golliwog on the Robertson's jam jars. You'd see this fella at the breakfast table.
1654610127879.png

Innocent times.

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
I remember reading a book called Tiki Tiki Tembo. It was about a Chinese kid who fell down a well and they had a hard time saving him because his name was too long.

The story was supposed to be a lesson on why Chinese names today are so short. I remember reading it in 1st grade.
I just bought Tikki Tikki Tembo and The Five Chinese Brothers for my kids last month. Based children's lit.

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
Enid Blyton wrote the Famous Five books, which I enjoyed as a kid, but she also wrote Noddy (which I thought was gay even as a 5 year old.) The Golliwogs were prominent characters in Toyland
View attachment 46383
View attachment 46384
I'm just about old enough to remember the golliwog on the Robertson's jam jars. You'd see this fella at the breakfast table.
View attachment 46386

Innocent times.
Fawk, i used to watch Noddy as a kid.

RedGlareRecipient

Rocketeer
That Golliwog shit is proof that Britons can’t even do racism right. Where’s the nuance? Like don’t get me wrong, hate ethnics for what they’ve done to your nation but what an 1800s portrayal of how awful they are.

Chapel

Dirty Bastard
View attachment 46383
View attachment 46384
View attachment 46386

Innocent times.
I don’t get the problem with Enid Blyton
5C496DCA-0B4C-47A8-A0A4-0489BC23285F.jpeg

Raymond

You will never see my penis
View attachment 46383
View attachment 46384
View attachment 46386

Innocent times.
1654641700165.png

Thought about making it "Golliwogs" but the main point here is that they are niggers.

Edit: Nice "Golliwops", stupid.

Last edited: