WWAW LOTR

The original Star Wars is the most overrated trilogy of all time and it's not even close. I agree the first movie is stronger than the other two. The third one was my favorite when I was younger when I based what I liked on how much fighting was in a movie. As I got older I started to kind of hate that one and feel the franchise was overrated. After I got into more of Tolkien's works I came to like it again, because unlike the Hobbit trilogy, the story is deeper than what's happening on screen.

And the CGI sucks, but what can you do that was the technology. They put as many extras as possible into costumes and makeup to make it look authentic unlike the shit they did for the Hobbit movies. I guess a more comparable movie franchise would be the Star Wars prequels as they were made at the same time with the same technology. All of those droids and clone troopers were CGI and every set was CGI and it looks like garbage. The level of craftsmanship that Peter Jackson put into those movie is something in itself. I always thought the scenes at Rivendell were filmed on a soundstage, they built that set in the middle of the woods to add to the effect. I recommend you find some of the behind the scenes stuff because Jackson spend years ensuring that he got everything just right.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
JRR Tolkien was a liberal fag when he was young. Later in age he became a Nazi right winger but it was way too late. He spent his last years holed up in his house selling issues of right wing magazines and lamenting how many niggers had moved into England. Tolkien's oldest son was a well known child molested who was a priest. Most people who molest children were molested as children themselves. I would not be surprised if Tolkien fucked his own son.

Tolkien also ripped most of LOTR off from Wagner's Ring Cycle opera. He stole almost all of it. Tolkien fags will deny this but it is beyond obvious when you are familiar with both stories. He denied having even heard of Wagner's operas when questioned about it. If you go to any Tolkien website and show the 'parallel thoughts' you will get banned instantly.

The movies are garbage. Tolkien saw combat in war and it showed in the books. The movies are made by Hollywood fags who never saw any war. Also the main director was Peter Jackson a known pedophile who helped get the West Memphis 3 child rapists off the book. And the main actor for Gandalf was a known rapist of boys as well. The main hobbit actor said publicly that Hollywood was filled with pedos then was told by his PR people to backtrack publicly.

And the movies are mediocre. Dwarf tossing and other childish jokes. Awful CGI that looks terrible now. So many faggy 'girl power' moments in the LOTR and Hobbit trilogies that are not in the books.

Jim-sucks-shit

*ALL FUTURE COURT DATES ARE VACATED*
WE ELVES NOW NIGGA!!

lord-of-the-rings-005.jpg

Monk

The original Star Wars is the most overrated trilogy of all time and it's not even close. I agree the first movie is stronger than the other two. The third one was my favorite when I was younger when I based what I liked on how much fighting was in a movie. As I got older I started to kind of hate that one and feel the franchise was overrated.
Have you seen the pre-1997 or the more recent "despecialized" versions of the original trilogy? Probably wouldn't change your opinion if you haven't but all that cutesy faggot shit Lucas added in 1997 really changed the tone of the movies to be more cartoonish. They are still essentially the same story-wise but not having all that campy shit makes a difference.

Monk

Have you seen the pre-1997 or the more recent "despecialized" versions of the original trilogy? Probably wouldn't change your opinion if you haven't but all that cutesy faggot shit Lucas added in 1997 really changed the tone of the movies to be more cartoonish. They are still essentially the same story-wise but not having all that campy shit makes a difference.
I'm pretty sure I got the 97 release on VHS, but it definitely didn't have any of the faggy addons you're talking about. I saw all of that later on TV and it threw me for a loop. Even still the first one is a good movie, but that's it. I don't think It's any better than any of the Lord of the Rings movies and Jedi is just unwatchable and drags the whole franchise down. I also despise Star Wars because the fans are so goddamn annoying they ruined it long before Disney did. Star Wars fans get pandered to and they eat that shit right up, LOTR fans are the exact opposite. They hate the studio adaptations and the studios hate them. A New Hope was supposedly littered with fart noises for comedic effect before editing, so that should also be taken into consideration.

Heyfellas

Where we at with the where we at?
I'm pretty sure I got the 97 release on VHS, but it definitely didn't have any of the faggy addons you're talking about. I saw all of that later on TV and it threw me for a loop. Even still the first one is a good movie, but that's it. I don't think It's any better than any of the Lord of the Rings movies and Jedi is just unwatchable and drags the whole franchise down. I also despise Star Wars because the fans are so goddamn annoying they ruined it long before Disney did. Star Wars fans get pandered to and they eat that shit right up, LOTR fans are the exact opposite. They hate the studio adaptations and the studios hate them. A New Hope was supposedly littered with fart noises for comedic effect before editing, so that should also be taken into consideration.
George Lucas is so fucking autistic