• This forum is dedicated exclusively to parody, comedy, and satirical content. None of the statements, opinions, or depictions shared on this platform should be considered or treated as factual information under any circumstances. All content is intended for entertainment purposes only and should be regarded as fictional, exaggerated, or purely the result of personal opinions and creative expression.

Please be aware that this forum may feature discussions and content related to taboo, controversial, or potentially offensive subjects. The purpose of this content is not to incite harm but to engage in satire and explore the boundaries of humor. If you are sensitive to such subjects or are easily offended, we kindly advise that you leave the forum.

Any similarities to real people, events, or situations are either coincidental or based on real-life inspirations but used within the context of fair use satire. By accepting this disclaimer, you acknowledge and understand that the content found within this forum is strictly meant for parody, satire, and entertainment. You agree not to hold the forum, its administrators, moderators, or users responsible for any content that may be perceived as offensive or inappropriate. You enter and participate in this forum at your own risk, with full awareness that everything on this platform is purely comedic, satirical, or opinion-based, and should never be taken as factual information.

If any information or discussion on this platform triggers distressing emotions or thoughts, please leave immediately and consider seeking assistance.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA): Phone: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) Website: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

WWAW Better Call Saul coming out again this coming monday?

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
I'll never understand how the fanbase of this show is so delusional. I'll just never understand it..

84271baa5e4946f1f031e55b54decc9a.PNG
I bet someone in the replies said "how dare you forget about the heckin writers that identify as female!".

Extremely debatable. It's always been garbage imo. It just never needed to be made.

The origins of the comic relief lawyer in the Breaking Bad was such a weak premise to begin with. It didn't need to be made to begin with but if they were going to do it, at least make it 2-3 seasons but Jesus motherfucking Christ - to drag this shit out over 6 seasons is insane. Breaking Bad started with a great concept and cast and even that only last 5 seasons.
OK, by "good", I mean it wasn't a laughable piece of crap like "Sons Of Anarchy", nor did the final season completely shit the bed like with "Lost". But the carrying on like it was this spectacular, revelatory masterpiece that redefined television...come on. Those people are nuts.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
I mean OK, BCS was a good show and all....
The first episode ended with Tuco sticking his head out of the door like a cartoon character. It was nothing more than a Breaking Bad fan service show. For Vince Gillian fans to suck him off over repeatedly. "Remember Tuco!!!!" "Remember the lab!!!!" "Remember Kim!!!". Oh wait no because Kim was not even there in the entire Breaking Bad universe and was retconned into the franchise.

JumboYumYums

Prison awaits, stlaker.
The biggest problem I have with BCS though is that makes zero sense that the all the prequel stuff with Jimmy led to him being the character we see in Breaking Bad. It just doesn't add up. You see him being compassionate as Jimmy (the stuff with Chuck in the final episode), being respectful towards Kim throughout pretty much all of their relationship and going through massive trauma by witnessing Howard get shot in the head right in front of him. How the hell is that the happy-go-lucky Saul you see in Breaking Bad? The guy calling his secretary honey tits and pretty much pulling every scam you can think of. It doesn't work at all.
I thought he was meant to be a sssssscumbag doing all kinds of crime that shat through a sunroof then got bailed out by Chuck and was on his best behavior. You could maybe explain it as him reverting to his old self rather than just becoming a completely different person overnight.

The first episode ended with Tuco sticking his head out of the door like a cartoon character. It was nothing more than a Breaking Bad fan service show. For Vince Gillian fans to suck him off over repeatedly. "Remember Tuco!!!!" "Remember the lab!!!!" "Remember Kim!!!". Oh wait no because Kim was not even there in the entire Breaking Bad universe and was retconned into the franchise.
Speaking for myself, I hated "the cousins" the most, both in BB and in BCS. It just became totally absurd, with these borderline super-villain characters who weren't remotely believable. At least Tuco had a personality, as over the top as it was.

G

Question for those of you who still like Breaking Bad - do you think of BCS as lore? Personally I don't.

None of it really makes sense and the whole Jimmy McGill/Chuck/Kim stuff doesn't fit at all with how Saul is in BB. I just think of this show as some weird fever dream. It was always terrible idea from the start - Saul/Jimmy never deserved a complex backstory. It's just silly. He's a happy-go-lucky comic relief character in BB and giving him all this complexity in his past makes no sense. Garbage premise from the start and it was a waste of 6 years watching this shit.

El Camino and BCS both sucked shit and are proof that Vince Gilligan just got lucky with Breaking Bad.
Definitely not. BB Saul and BCS Saul like you said are just different people. This was like gay fan fiction. Very gay and faggot fan fiction.

Chapel

Dirty Bastard
Peter Gould gave an interview after the finale and said:

"One of the things that I’m most proud of about Better Call Saul is that it’s not Breaking Bad. It’s its own animal"

Lmao.
Its fucking not, its enduring six seasons of not much happening per season for breaking bad the epilogue

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Peter Gould gave an interview after the finale and said:

"One of the things that I’m most proud of about Better Call Saul is that it’s not Breaking Bad. It’s its own animal"

Lmao.

Delusional fuck. About 50% of the show from season 3 onwards was stuff you’d only have any interest in if you watched Breaking Bad.

“It’s its own animal” *dedicates an entire season to Gus’ lab being built*

I binged every season over the past few weeks and thoroughly enjoyed it 🤓

Got really sick of them making bits annoyingly ambiguous and characters planning something BUT KEEP WATCHING TO FIND OUT WHAT shit. Switch it up every now and then, it’s fucking annoying.

Those last few episodes were shit. Nacho and Lalo were good, they shouldn’t have been killed off. When Saul is in the prison van I hoped Lalos guys would break him out and then remembered they killed him off in the least dramatic ways.

Still better than most of the shit on Netflix and Prime though

Imager

Making fun of women is my bit
Just finished it.

Agree with most of this thread, with the added bit of what Saul did betrays his character literally within two episodes prior.

Saul calls Kim on a payphone. Saul essentially tells Kim, "If you're going to judge me, why not turn yourself in?"

So Kim does. But that line reveals that Jimmy never thought she'd do it, and that it was completely off the table for him. But really for no reason whatsoever (other than fan service), Jimmy decides to do the right thing. Yeah.

How did Saul know that the DA would call Kim privately to tell her about his new thing so she would be there to watch?

It was so bad.

Last week I was talking to my wife predicting the ending and I came up with something decent -- Kim would be the ultimate one to con Jimmy. I didn't know how they would get there, but given the current 'girl powr' climate we're in, they could end the entire series and have it be that Kim was the hero of the whole thing.

And *that* would have been more entertaining than the drivel we got.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
She's not a bad actress, but the praise Rhea/Kim got was mostly driven by everyone overcompensating for the hate Skylar got in Breaking Bad.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
She's not a bad actress, but the praise Rhea/Kim got was mostly driven by everyone overcompensating for the hate Skylar got in Breaking Bad.
She is a terrible actress. Did not do a single thing memorable until her 50s basically. And it was work in one of the most overrated shows of all time. Where people are calling BCS a 'masterpiece' and 'perfect'. Everything on this show is praised by the media and social media. Including the terrible mediocre and sometimes ridiculous acting.

Her crying on the bus is one of the worst pieces of acting I have ever seen in a serious drama. Compare any crying scene in the Sopranos with that. Like Carmela crying over Christopher dying. Or even comedic cries like Tony over the horse. Watch the scene in Mullholand Drive where Naomi Watt's character has to cry at an audition. Now that is real acting. Even Paulie Walnuts, an untrained actor, had a scene in Sopranos where he cries over the mother pleading with Tony (while he is in the hospital) to spare her son Jason's life because he is just a ski instructor who did not know how to handle the garbage business (the mother also cries in this scene).

But you want a real powerful crying scene in Sopranos? Watch Rosalie Aprile cry over Jackie at his funeral.