• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WTF is the functional point of a "Wife Beater"/"Guinea T"/"Ribbed Tank Top"???

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
When worn as an undershirt? A regular undershirt blocks sweat from the pits and rest of body to preserve dress shirts.

This shit leaves the pits completely exposed and does nothing to keep protruding unsightly chest hair from peeking out through the shirt. I guess there is some protection for the back. And unless you're fitness model levels of ripped, it's completely unflattering when worn on its own.

Why the FUCK has it existed since my great grandfather's era?
Tony.jpg

Last edited:

Mick_Mickerson

I’ll wear them under a short-sleeve shirt sometimes. If you want a layer under the outer shirt, you don’t want an undershirt’s sleeves poking out.
I remember in middle school wearing an undershirt under a t-shirt to try to give the illusion of bulk.

Why the fuck are you wearing a tank top under a t-shirt? Now, I'm even more confused

*Edit* I just realized you may be talking about a short-sleeve button up. OK -- that makes sense. Can absorb a bit of sweat and keeps you from nipping out. Fair enough. I wore one under a hawaiian shirt as a dumb ass freshman who thought it looked cool.

Last edited:
I remember in middle school wearing an undershirt under a t-shirt to try to give the illusion of bulk.

Why the fuck are you wearing a tank top under a t-shirt? Now, I'm even more confused

*Edit* I just realized you may be talking about a short-sleeve button up. OK -- that makes sense. Can absorb a bit of sweat and keeps you from nipping out. Fair enough. I wore one under a hawaiian shirt as a dumb ass freshman who thought it looked cool.
Yes, your edit is what I was talking about.
Not under a t-shirt.

Nice shirt thread, stupid.

Mick_Mickerson

I have some polos/golf shirts that have shorter short sleeves, and undershirt sleeves can poke out. Even if they don’t, the undershirt sleeve being almost as long still bothers me, so I use the wife beater.
with the super thin fabric of a golf polo -- i actually see this making sense, mainly because it keeps you from nipping out but you still have the breezy feel of the thin fabric.

We have found the one functional use.

Last edited:
G

Instead of creeping people out, just wear a regular tank top when outside soaking up the rays
Is there really that much difference? Thinking about it I don't think I've ever worn a legitimate wife beater, just normal tank tops and so I just conflate them in my head based on them being somewhat similar.

Mick_Mickerson

Is there really that much difference? Thinking about it I don't think I've ever worn a legitimate wife beater, just normal tank tops and so I just conflate them in my head based on them being somewhat similar.
Yeah a wife beater is way tighter and thought of as "underwear." A tank top is just something a brothaman would wear to the beach and is looser