• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Wtf is he shilling this time?

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Forum Clout
This dude is always trying to get some nomination for a reward, etc., like that will make it easier for him to get a visa into a “white” country lol.

1720352859525.png

Also wtf is going on with his forehead?!

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
What short story or novella has he written? He’s got a Wikipedia page (made entirely by himself like Logan Lynn) and I don’t think he’s ever actually written anything.

I remember “Destiny Delayed” or something, which was about 10 pages long.

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Geek Squad Technician
Forum Clout
This dude is always trying to get some nomination for a reward, etc., like that will make it easier for him to get a visa into a “white” country lol.

View attachment 209587
Also wtf is going on with his forehead?!
That's the scars he got when his neighbors tried opening his head to get to the gold

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
Has anyone read CS Lewis? I’m not particularly pretentious about reading but the way he writes is almost a story on its own. It’s beautiful, it’s so concise and simple. Simple in a way which takes a real mastery of language.

This is one of his letters responding to a call for advice. These SFWA freaks like Pat would benefit from it.

1. Always try to use the language so as to make quite clear what you mean and make sure your sentence couldn’t mean anything else.
  2. Always prefer the plain direct word to the long, vague one. Don’t implement promises, but keep them.
  3. Never use abstract nouns when concrete ones will do. If you mean “More people died” don’t say “Mortality rose.”
  4. In writing. Don’t use adjectives which merely tell us how you want us to feel about the things you are describing. I mean, instead of telling us the thing is “terrible,” describe it so that we’ll be terrified. Don’t say it was “delightful”; make us say “delightful” when we’ve read the description. You see, all those words (horrifying, wonderful, hideous, exquisite) are only like saying to your readers “Please, will you do my job for me.”
  5. Don’t use words too big for the subject. Don’t say “infinitely” when you mean “very”; otherwise you’ll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite.

My point being he’s a nigger who is barely coherent, and Pat is a try hard midwit.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
“The way for a person to develop a style is (a) to know exactly what he wants to say, and (b) to be sure he is saying exactly that.

The reader, we must remember, does not start by knowing what we mean. If our words are ambiguous, our meaning will escape him.

I sometimes think that writing is like driving sheep down a road. If there is any gate open to the left or the right the reader will most certainly go into it.”

When you read something good, it doesn’t even matter what the story is, you just immerse yourself in it. With these guys like Ooga and Pat it’s always about the concept and never the execution. They are lazy and think they just need that one idea to make it big and to market it on Twitter, when they actually need to learn how to write, or in Ooga’s case, read.

Forum Clout
Has anyone read CS Lewis? I’m not particularly pretentious about reading but the way he writes is almost a story on its own. It’s beautiful, it’s so concise and simple. Simple in a way which takes a real mastery of language.

This is one of his letters responding to a call for advice. These SFWA freaks like Pat would benefit from it.

1. Always try to use the language so as to make quite clear what you mean and make sure your sentence couldn’t mean anything else.
  2. Always prefer the plain direct word to the long, vague one. Don’t implement promises, but keep them.
  3. Never use abstract nouns when concrete ones will do. If you mean “More people died” don’t say “Mortality rose.”
  4. In writing. Don’t use adjectives which merely tell us how you want us to feel about the things you are describing. I mean, instead of telling us the thing is “terrible,” describe it so that we’ll be terrified. Don’t say it was “delightful”; make us say “delightful” when we’ve read the description. You see, all those words (horrifying, wonderful, hideous, exquisite) are only like saying to your readers “Please, will you do my job for me.”
  5. Don’t use words too big for the subject. Don’t say “infinitely” when you mean “very”; otherwise you’ll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite.

My point being he’s a nigger who is barely coherent, and Pat is a try hard midwit.
I'll always think Lewis borrowed this approach from Hemingway who was the master of simple and direct writing.