• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Would you want to work as an Intern for da show?

lowend73

Forum Clout
That answer is a resounding no.

Seems like these interns were meek, timid, beta males. To have someone like Jim Norton or Anthony berate you? Sam as your boss?

Discuss, I feel they intentionally picked the dumbest of the dumb. Easily manipulated man children who try and emulate their heroes.

LiberalPussy

Forum Clout
That answer is a resounding no.

Seems like these interns were meek, timid, beta males. To have someone like Jim Norton or Anthony berate you? Sam as your boss?

Discuss, I feel they intentionally picked the dumbest of the dumb. Easily manipulated man children who try and emulate their heroes.
Didn’t they pretty much admit they only picked incompetent retards and failures so they could bully them? I recall them talking about this on the show. It’s probably part of the reason they couldn’t have interns anymore.

FamilyDollar

Welcome to our establishment
Forum Clout
Didn’t they pretty much admit they only picked incompetent retards and failures so they could bully them? I recall them talking about this on the show. It’s probably part of the reason they couldn’t have interns anymore.
Once Sam took over the role of picking the interns all they got was complete retards.

The only thing I'll give that faggot Ben Dovid credit for is selecting intern David 10 seconds into his interview with Steve C.

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
At a time I'm sure it seemed like a good idea to all those poor bastards. "Yeah, I got a gig, they're like Howard Stern but for a younger crowd. It's going to be awesome, finally, I can do something with all my wacky ideas." Then. Bam. Dead end.
Kind of funny that a smaller show with fewer interns (Ron and Fez) treated their interns like family and actually helped them out in their careers after, creating far more success stories. But yeah, a dumb 20 year old me would have totally taken the bait.

LiberalPussy

Forum Clout
At a time I'm sure it seemed like a good idea to all those poor bastards. "Yeah, I got a gig, they're like Howard Stern but for a younger crowd. It's going to be awesome, finally, I can do something with all my wacky ideas." Then. Bam. Dead end.
Kind of funny that a smaller show with fewer interns (Ron and Fez) treated their interns like family and actually helped them out in their careers after, creating far more success stories. But yeah, a dumb 20 year old me would have totally taken the bait.
It’s hilarious that the only interns that “made it” had nowhere else to go but to work for O&A.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Stern did the exact same thing. He treated interns like a second Wackpack. And basically used them as slaves for things that had nothing to do with radio. You would be attending some $50K a year school and score an internship with Stern or O&A or ESPN or whatever thinking that you will learn something about broadcasting. Yet all you would do is menial work like a loser for the entire summer.

Stern had his interns do stuff like make his daily baked potato lunch and fetch him water bottles. Anthony had interns do stuff like buy him videogames. These faggots were too cheap to hire personal assistants and simply used interns for free labor. Pretty much all media internships are like this unless you are the child of someone famous. Tom Chiusano would famously insult the interns who asked for money just to take the heat off of Stern who was the real decision maker over using unpaid slaves. Stern's most famous intern Steve Grillo (who was in Sopranos as the guy whose pizza is thrown to the ground by Chris) basically wrote that Stern was a millionaire taking advantage of college and high school students for free labor.

O&A didn't even need interns. They just had them to harass them basically. None of the interns could produce anything and most of them didn't even listen to the show. Probably 90% of O&A interns didn't listen to a single show before joining which was another Sam idea. To only hire interns that had no awareness for what they were getting into. So that once they got into the show they would be overwhelmed and helpless at the sheer insanity of the back office.

Guys like Steve C and Master Po were so shaken by the back office bullying that they would have to go to management. Imagine how powerless the 19-year-old interns felt against the entire office beating them down every day. Sam would take interns' phones and dial 911 from them as a joke. Blind Stevie threatened a lawsuit over a physical beating. One intern threatened a lawsuit when they (mostly Opie) smeared shit on his shoes. A bunch of former interns hired lawyers to try to remove all traces of their name from the internet and association with O&A. It was a mess.

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
Stern did the exact same thing. He treated interns like a second Wackpack. And basically used them as slaves for things that had nothing to do with radio. You would be attending some $50K a year school and score an internship with Stern or O&A or ESPN or whatever thinking that you will learn something about broadcasting. Yet all you would do is menial work like a loser for the entire summer.

Stern had his interns do stuff like make his daily baked potato lunch and fetch him water bottles. Anthony had interns do stuff like buy him videogames. These faggots were too cheap to hire personal assistants and simply used interns for free labor. Pretty much all media internships are like this unless you are the child of someone famous. Tom Chiusano would famously insult the interns who asked for money just to take the heat off of Stern who was the real decision maker over using unpaid slaves. Stern's most famous intern Steve Grillo (who was in Sopranos as the guy whose pizza is thrown to the ground by Chris) basically wrote that Stern was a millionaire taking advantage of college and high school students for free labor.

O&A didn't even need interns. They just had them to harass them basically. None of the interns could produce anything and most of them didn't even listen to the show. Probably 90% of O&A interns didn't listen to a single show before joining which was another Sam idea. To only hire interns that had no awareness for what they were getting into. So that once they got into the show they would be overwhelmed and helpless at the sheer insanity of the back office.

Guys like Steve C and Master Po were so shaken by the back office bullying that they would have to go to management. Imagine how powerless the 19-year-old interns felt against the entire office beating them down every day. Sam would take interns' phones and dial 911 from them as a joke. Blind Stevie threatened a lawsuit over a physical beating. One intern threatened a lawsuit when they (mostly Opie) smeared shit on his shoes. A bunch of former interns hired lawyers to try to remove all traces of their name from the internet and association with O&A. It was a mess.
Stern kept on a pretty solid number of interns, and others moved on to podcasting and comedy so at least they learned something. OnA kept Sam and the only other guy I've heard on cried to Porsalin while he tried to bait him into saying Sam Roberts is a sociopath so he could confirm the premise of his doc.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
No way. I wouldn’t have had enough of a backbone at 19 or 20. Plus my father would have listened to one show and decided I was disgracing the family name, a point I wouldn’t have been able to argue. I’m sure Opie would have tried to get my mom on air for phone sex and Anthony would have lusted after my younger brother.

G

I tried… Vurry sorry that I did but so happy I didn’t get picked.

Every morning I’d have to hear tough guy Jim Norton bitch about a morsel of yolk in his fag breakfast.

83B5F4D6-3772-4B2C-8162-11745D58C567.jpeg

G

Stern kept on a pretty solid number of interns, and others moved on to podcasting and comedy so at least they learned something. OnA kept Sam and the only other guy I've heard on cried to Porsalin while he tried to bait him into saying Sam Roberts is a sociopath so he could confirm the premise of his doc.
Jim Rome was another brotherman that looked after his interns

Forum Clout
It would have been a dream when I first started listening, because I was like 14. As an adult, I couldn’t imagine taking shit from any of these losers. All media internships are basically unpaid slave labor because nobody wants to admit that most media-adjacent jobs are so easy you could teach anyone to do it in a week, just like any other shit job.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

i wish my rapist would call me back 😍
Forum Clout

Grillo interned for what, like 7 years?