• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Would you rather be fired for hysterically lashing out on Twitter after being beaten in street by a woman or for filming a coworker shitting?

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Forum Clout
Opie got fired and went deeply into obscurity. Cumia still gets occasional heat and gets bigger guests than OpieRaqio ever got at Sirius.
That wasn't the question. Which reason would you rather be fired for

and i doubt Cumpound Media is getting bigger guests than OpieRaqio because OpieRaqio had Sirius' bookers and reputation

G

I still can't believe those are the real reasons they lost multimillion dollar gigs...
Being the resident conspiracy theorist, I reckon the execs were going to fire them both anyway. Was looking for a reason as the whole 'shock jock' phenomena was winding down and these two were approaching that age bracket (old white male) that they feel is too burdensome to subsidize.

They were going to eventually fire them for sneezing the wrong way if not for those similarly ridiculous reasons.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Forum Clout
Photograph in the bathroom. Twitter tantrums can follow you forever, but no one has to know what happened if it's not on social media.

Of course, I would never jeopardize my job with a guaranteed salary for a chance at viral media fame which will never pay more than $0. But what do I know? I am not a professional broadcaster with decades of experience that knows I got to get those viral videos out there.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Being the resident conspiracy theorist, I reckon the execs were going to fire them both anyway. Was looking for a reason as the whole 'shock jock' phenomena was winding down and these two were approaching that age bracket (old white male) that they feel is too burdensome to subsidize.

They were going to eventually fire them for sneezing the wrong way if not for those similarly ridiculous reasons.
Both of them were fired because Sirius made the decision that their subscriber base no longer warranted their shock jock heyday sized contracts.

The headline reasons where just the excuses they came up with.

And they wouldn't have survived into the MeToo era in any case
Yeah anyone who listened to the show since XM knows that they were always on borrowed time. At any moment they could be fired. They were suspended and threatened with firing multiple times for all sorts of nonsense. Off of the top of my head they got in trouble for at least these:

- Homeless Charlie, which resulted in a suspension, and him being banned from the show, they were nearly fired over this, Opie once brought Homeless Charlie into the show's waiting room once and announced him as a guest just to get Anthony to panic
- Homeless Shopping Spree, these had to be suspended on XM because management was paranoid that something bad would happen, the shopping malls and their stores would complain heavily over these contests, XM hosted two before they told O&A to stop
- Assault on the Media, fans ended up blasting a fog horn into the ears of a reporter, reporter cursed on air and was fired, but O&A were told by management to never mention the contest again because even saying "don't assault the media" might encourage the pests, lawsuits were also threatened
- Various pests attacks on radio shows, Jocktobers, many were reported to management, Stern himself mentioned during merger talks that he wanted O&A warned to not attack his show especially in wake of the whole Scott Ferrel attack, the boys rarely attacked or Jocktobered Howard after the merger
- Lady Di repeatedly puking and shitting all over employee bathrooms including puking up beer when the actress America Ferrera was at Sirius to promote a show on another channel, Di was in the bathroom naked both puking and shitting in front of the celebrities who were doing media tours, security was called because they thought a homeless person had broken into the building, when security confronted O&A staff they were laughing so hard that they could not even answer the security guard's questions properly
- Ben Sparks getting fired for allegedly spitting on a Stern fan during a walkover, he claimed he only sprayed perfume, Master Po attacked the fan and choked him out while Opie yelled like a faggot, Ben was fired over this, Master Po would eventually be fired from the show as well
- Anthony once showed up late or missed shows for an entire year due to alcoholism, neither Jim nor Opie could get him to focus, management threatened to send Anthony to rehab, Anthony eventually got it together for a time but years later would beat his girlfriend and go to rehab, rumors were also that Anthony got caught drinking and driving and needed Keith to bail him out multiple times
- Various fights with Stern, including ripping on Stern's daughter for her play "my tits are godly!" "my vagina!", the fact that Howard hated them meant after the merger they had no protection
- O&A hating each other personally, Opie told management he wanted to quit multiple times, they knew that if they fired Anthony that neither Opie nor Jim would care if he was fired, and they were correct as literally no one walked from Sirius when Anthony was fired

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Forum Clout
Yeah anyone who listened to the show since XM knows that they were always on borrowed time. At any moment they could be fired. They were suspended and threatened with firing multiple times for all sorts of nonsense. Off of the top of my head they got in trouble for at least these:

- Homeless Charlie, which resulted in a suspension, and him being banned from the show, they were nearly fired over this, Opie once brought Homeless Charlie into the show's waiting room once and announced him as a guest just to get Anthony to panic
- Homeless Shopping Spree, these had to be suspended on XM because management was paranoid that something bad would happen, the shopping malls and their stores would complain heavily over these contests, XM hosted two before they told O&A to stop
- Assault on the Media, fans ended up blasting a fog horn into the ears of a reporter, reporter cursed on air and was fired, but O&A were told by management to never mention the contest again because even saying "don't assault the media" might encourage the pests, lawsuits were also threatened
- Various pests attacks on radio shows, Jocktobers, many were reported to management, Stern himself mentioned during merger talks that he wanted O&A warned to not attack his show especially in wake of the whole Scott Ferrel attack, the boys rarely attacked or Jocktobered Howard after the merger
- Lady Di repeatedly puking and shitting all over employee bathrooms including puking up beer when the actress America Ferrera was at Sirius to promote a show on another channel, Di was in the bathroom naked both puking and shitting in front of the celebrities who were doing media tours, security was called because they thought a homeless person had broken into the building, when security confronted O&A staff they were laughing so hard that they could not even answer the security guard's questions properly
- Ben Sparks getting fired for allegedly spitting on a Stern fan during a walkover, he claimed he only sprayed perfume, Master Po attacked the fan and choked him out while Opie yelled like a faggot, Ben was fired over this, Master Po would eventually be fired from the show as well
- Anthony once showed up late or missed shows for an entire year due to alcoholism, neither Jim nor Opie could get him to focus, management threatened to send Anthony to rehab, Anthony eventually got it together for a time but years later would beat his girlfriend and go to rehab, rumors were also that Anthony got caught drinking and driving and needed Keith to bail him out multiple times
- Various fights with Stern, including ripping on Stern's daughter for her play "my tits are godly!" "my vagina!", the fact that Howard hated them meant after the merger they had no protection
- O&A hating each other personally, Opie told management he wanted to quit multiple times, they knew that if they fired Anthony that neither Opie nor Jim would care if he was fired, and they were correct as literally no one walked from Sirius when Anthony was fired
I agree they didn't want to keep paying them like it was 2005, but the fact Jim&Sam still have a job makes me think O&A could have coasted into their 70s with a gig as long as Sirius doesn't go under

Stent

Ancyent Marinere
Forum Clout
The idea that Sirius was looking for a way to be rid of them is just wrong. Nana made stupidly racist remarks. Opie took photos of a coworker shitting. That's exactly the shit anyone gets fired for. Both incidents were years apart. Nice executive conspiracy at Sirius, stupid.

To answer the original question, I'd take the beating. At least you can say "I can't hit a woman" but there's no escaping deliberately wanting to see a fat guy shitting.

Sputnik

Females arent funny
Forum Clout
The thing is nobody actually remembers why opie got fired, where as even the foxy peoples court judge recalled anthony's racist rant leading to his public dismissal. Opie's podcast and CP media are both equally cringe worthy, but cumia is the one with the destroyed reputation. Opie always wins in the end.