Worst O&A eras?

Rutherford_b_Blaze

Massachusetts State Senator
I think 2007 may have been their worst year. I wasn't a regular listener in those days but it seems like around 2007 their ratings starting tanking and it was just them constantly defending themselves and bitching about CBS.

Honorable mention for the WNEW days. There are great clips out there but the full shows were brutal. I can't listen to Ant do Tyson for 40 minutes straight. (I'm a Ron and Fez fan and I also hated them on WNEW. 50 phone calls in a row that were variations on the same joke)

I think the show was quite listenable otherwise, even in the late years. (Although the chemistriee was odd)

It is unequivocally when the racist rants started by Anthony. It was devoid of any humor. There was nothing worse than Anthony yelling at callers about crime statistics, Zimmerman or Obama.

The only thing that was funny about it is was when DL Hughley and Patrice were a guest and discussed Anthony's points on politics and race and made him look like a complete idiot. It really showed how hilariously simple minded his opinions were.

My favorite point during that discussion was when Anthony favored the current health care system and believed only wealthy people should have access to the best health care and that poor people should work towards it and Patrice said "working towards getting a brain tumor removed?".

Here's a clip of it in Beige Frequency's documentary of Anthony screaming at callers:

Last edited:
It is unequivocally when the racist rants started by Anthony. It was devoid of any humor. There was nothing worse than Anthony yelling against callers about crime statistics, Zimmerman or Obama.

The only thing that was funny about it is was when DL Hughley and Patrice were a guest and discussed Anthony's point on politics and race and made him look like a complete idiot. It really showed how hilariously simple minded his opinions were.

My favorite point during that discussion was when Anthony favored the current health care system and believed only wealthy people should have access to the best health care and that poor people should work towards it and Parrice said "working towards getting a brain tumor removed?".
The difference between "just happy to be here" Nana and nigger-rich, entitled Nana was so glaring. As soon as he got paid, he started carrying himself like he was one of the elite.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Bitching about management took up the first half hour of almost every show during 2007. I never understood why Opie thought this was interesting for the listeners.
Do you really have to ask?

howard.jpg

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Almost every single show before the XM years are unlistenable garbage. The shock jock bits and contests are beyond douche chilling. And they had no patience for anything because of the incessant and structured commercial breaks. You could not get any long-form or deep discussions on anything because the show was forcefully interrupted by timed breaks. The show basically had to be built around the heavily censored and curated terrestrial radio hackery.

The show was obsessed with this edgy image of them being pussy hounds 24/7. That neither Opie nor Anthony could go an hour without getting some strange, maaaan! And that naked women and female listeners needed to be around them at all times. This lead to ear bleeding trash like wiffle bat challenges, voyeur bus, lesbian couch, Sex for Sam, and other nonsense that just never ended until they finally stopped forcing shows featuring drunk and naked women during the XM years. Anthony and Norton would literally foam at the mouth over naked girls. And now in hindsight those shows are impossible to listen to. I am cringing at lethal levels listening to old shows where those two talk about women.

O&A once held a contest called T&A for O&A. It was recorded but never made the air. It was held at some bar in Buffalo where women would play topless volleyball or nude volleyball. The event was so out of control that police were called and management were extremely upset. Rumors were that is was basically an uncontrolled orgy with illegal drugs as well. Hilariously people made FCC complaints about the event but it wasn't even aired. Management were speaking with lawyers about firing O&A over the event and were waiting to pull the trigger until the lawyers gave them the okay. Within a few weeks O&A would do Sex for Sam 3 and kill themselves instead but do it on air where it got them some more fame and clout for their next contract at least.

Sex for Sam 1 resulted in Psycho Mark being fired and saying "your mom's box" on the air. He was fired for describing anal sex on the air. The same thing that they got fired for during Sex for Sam 3. I challenge anyone to go back and listen to those contests and not cringe and groan.

Almost every single show before the XM years are unlistenable garbage. The shock jock bits and contests are beyond douche chilling. And they had no patience for anything because of the incessant and structured commercial breaks. You could not get any long-form or deep discussions on anything because the show was forcefully interrupted by timed breaks. The show basically had to be built around the heavily censored and curated terrestrial radio hackery.

The show was obsessed with this edgy image of them being pussy hounds 24/7. That neither Opie nor Anthony could go an hour without getting some strange, maaaan! And that naked women and female listeners needed to be around them at all times. This lead to ear bleeding trash like wiffle bat challenges, voyeur bus, lesbian couch, Sex for Sam, and other nonsense that just never ended until they finally stopped forcing shows featuring drunk and naked women during the XM years. Anthony and Norton would literally foam at the mouth over naked girls. And now in hindsight those shows are impossible to listen to. I am cringing at lethal levels listening to old shows where those two talk about women.

O&A once held a contest called T&A for O&A. It was recorded but never made the air. It was held at some bar in Buffalo where women would play topless volleyball or nude volleyball. The event was so out of control that police were called and management were extremely upset. Rumors were that is was basically an uncontrolled orgy with illegal drugs as well. Hilariously people made FCC complaints about the event but it wasn't even aired. Management were speaking with lawyers about firing O&A over the event and were waiting to pull the trigger until the lawyers gave them the okay. Within a few weeks O&A would do Sex for Sam 3 and kill themselves instead but do it on air where it got them some more fame and clout for their next contract at least.

Sex for Sam 1 resulted in Psycho Mark being fired and saying "your mom's box" on the air. He was fired for describing anal sex on the air. The same thing that they got fired for during Sex for Sam 3. I challenge anyone to go back and listen to those contests and not cringe and groan.
Fuck yes, when I got tired of listening to the same XM bits I would go back and try to listen to their old stuff and my fucking god Jim and Ant are cringeworthy.

My favorite era, as much as I hate him is when Sam was in charge of the interns. I love hate Sam. He's a fucking retard but he knows how to keep the shit stirred... "Uh-huh go ahead keep talking"

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
also the walkover shit. For every cake stomp there were 100 forced unfunny observations. Look at that guy over there, nice shirt stupids.
The walkover shows went out with a bang though. With a Stern fan being assaulted, a producer being fired, and a bunch of O&A show staffers being threatened with being fired and lawsuits. As well as O&A once again being loathed by management.

GOD DAMN RICH CUNT

and then she shoved hay in her twat and asshole
The "high voltage" return to xm in 2004. They were a paid station on a paid platform when radio was still everywhere, no one had an xm and Sirius was a bigger competitor.

More people visit the forums than were listening.

also the walkover shit. For every cake stomp there were 100 forced unfunny observations. Look at that guy over there, nice shirt stupids.
You know whats a walkover bit nobody brings up is how ya keepin cool