• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Why did someone pay 2U to fly down to Central America and play? Serious question

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
How does that make any sense? I believe Joe when he says he played in....Honduras, I think it was? And Costa Rica? But, why?

Why would someone pay a cover band from Long Island to fly down and play U2 songs? Aren't there local bands that could play the songs? And if not, that would seem to indicate U2 isn't popular enough to have a 2U show.

I give Joe props for making it happen, but the logistics/logic behind the whole thing baffles me.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
I imagine its a Spanish speaking shithole where 2U would be playing for white rube tourists. Can’t have El Edge and Bóno singing in broken English. As to how they beat out every other U2 cover band in the USA? A combination of lowballing themselves and every other cover band going “What? Why the fuck would we fly to the Caribbean? We have a gig to play at AZ/88 in Scotsdale.”

Could be that they just like U2 and it wasn't a hard sell.

Mexicans fawking love The Smiths. For no apparent reason. It's not Morrissey on his own. They didn't write a song about Mexico that was beloved. There wasn't a Hasselhoff/Berlin wall historic moment. They just like The Smiths.

Now I want to see Joe playing in Mexico. Wearing a wig and scrunching his face up to Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want. And then bitching like an old woman on Facebook about it.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
I imagine its a Spanish speaking shithole where 2U would be playing for white rube tourists. Can’t have El Edge and Bóno singing in broken English. As to how they beat out every other U2 cover band in the USA? A combination of lowballing themselves and every other cover band going “What? Why the fuck would we fly to the Caribbean? We have a gig to play at AZ/88 in Scotsdale.”
I didn't think about the fact it was clearly at one of those resorts where either retired people move because it's cheap or resorts where rubes vacation to

Last edited:
When Anthony was famous, he was the kind of famous where you don’t really get any major perks, but if a dumb spic is reading a list of band names and one says “featuring the brother of a major New York broadcaster”, if the reader is stupid enough and far enough removed from American culture, that might sound impressive.

IIRC, 2U was around for a long time (Ron & Fez pimped one of their dates back in 'NEW times) and built up some kind of following. Nana once said on the early XM days that 2U would take gigs in countries that the real U2 would never do on the account that they were shitholes. Back in the early 2000s when U2 was going through a rebirth post-All That You Can't Leave Behind's release, I feel like any U2 tribute band with a history of touring/a good website to promote themselves could easily pick up tour dates in Central America ex-pat beach bars.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
How does that make any sense? I believe Joe when he says he played in....Honduras, I think it was? And Costa Rica? But, why?

Why would someone pay a cover band from Long Island to fly down and play U2 songs? Aren't there local bands that could play the songs? And if not, that would seem to indicate U2 isn't popular enough to have a 2U show.

I give Joe props for making it happen, but the logistics/logic behind the whole thing baffles me.
The cartel was going to lure him down and behead him but figured since his head is hollow it would be a waste of time