• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Why are podcasters so dumb? Some popular ones just got ripped-off

LockedHDD__Pot

Forum Clout
Even if I had a podcast that started getting big, I'd just incorporate it & scale-up my other business, employ a few guyss,

I understand a podcast network has more clout, etc. but if you're putting up the numbahs just flex it & employ someone.

Theo Von, Brendan Schaub... they all got ripped-off. He promised money to podcasters & managed to hide his assets.

I'm not posting the full thing in case it gives Rick any ideas, since I think he still owes

Forum Clout
EDIT: Didn't realize how much I actually wrote until i hit send. This situation is fascinating to me because I've previously worked in contract negotiations and serviced those contracts through their term. The summary of it is they legitimately made every wrong mistake you can make when managing a deal of this level and I would personally be embarrassed to have anyone know about it if i screwed up a deal this badly.

I can understand why some comedians would sign onto a legitimate network.

Once a podcast gets big enough, it really becomes it's own business. You have to manage finances, marketing, operations, production, ad sales, etc. It's a lot and most businesses, even the smaller ones, have several people dedicated to each of the areas I just mentioned above. I'm sure that the company also "wowed" them with tons of metrics for potential growth and a strategy to help them reach new markets, bring on better guests, and generate more ad revenue.

What I can't understand is how anyone could sign onto such a deal and let a reportedly seven figure sum of unpaid earnings accrue before addressing it in any meaningful way, only opting to say anything about it once the company that owed them went belly up. That's far too late and if they were applying any level of due diligence/daily maintenance to the massive, paradigm shifting deal they just signed on to, they'd have seen the signs of the bankruptcy well in advance. But the level of shock and disbelief portrayed by every podcaster that was wrapped up in this tells me that these morons all went completely hands off the moment they signed the paperwork. If you were aware that the company hadn't paid out your earnings in months/years, this would not have taken you off guard and you wouldn't just now be consulting with your legal team. You'd have gotten your ducks in a row well in advance. So more than just not seeing the signs, most of them didn't even seem to be aware that they weren't getting paid until the news broke.

They'll be lucky if even a fraction of those earnings are paid out to them through the bankruptcy process. Imagine throwing away six and seven figure amounts of cash because your too lazy/stupid to play an active role in the biggest business deal you've ever made. I can't even feel sorry for them because they brought it on themselves. Don't trust anything but your own eyes when multiple commas become involved in any deal. That's 101 level business knowledge.

Last edited:

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
What I can't understand is how anyone could sign onto such a deal and let a reportedly seven figure sum of unpaid earnings accrue before addressing it in any meaningful way, only opting to say anything about it once the company that owed them went belly up.
Dane Cook let his brother siphon millions from him before he had any idea. O&A gave Fareed $100K for an IPO and watched it turned into $50 over the course of a year. O&A saw zero money from Demented World which actually charted for CD and tape releases. Artie Lange alleged on Stern that lots of people had been ripping him off for years and he just found out, and once famously blew up at his assistant Teddy over what was pennies. "Steal my fucking money Teddy?!".

hikomow633

Forum Clout
Really pisses me off that Brendan Shaub manages to make anything above $20K a year. I don't understand the economics behind a talentless buffoon like him. Should be cleaning grease off the grill in the back of a greek fast-casual restaurant.

conformist retard mills/zoomers will lap up anything which has rogaines stamp of approval. We also live in a completely fake economy where many jobs are simply unproductive and the fiat dollars we use don't actually have any real value, but that's besides the point.

lowend73

Forum Clout
conformist retard mills/zoomers will lap up anything which has rogaines stamp of approval. We also live in a completely fake economy where many jobs are simply unproductive and the fiat dollars we use don't actually have any real value, but that's besides the point.
That is a great point, and should be a separate thread on its own.

The government is using YT/Podcasts. Its obvious that the general population who cannot/won't have a different opinion or go against the grade are spoon fed;

What to like

What to eat

What to drink.

For those of us unlucky (or is it lucky) enough to be dating can attest that Social Media is totally to blame for inflated ego's of hard 4s and incel behavior. Used to think CONTELPRO was bullshit, not so sure.

Joe Rogan is where he is now, and it is backing by alot of folks in higher power/positions of influence. Its not going to get any better.

Im ready for the Kiwi Farms gif, because I have family members who swear by Joe, Andrew Tate, etc, etc.

AwfulManTitTankTop

"AnTi-swaTTing laws"
Forum Clout
I've been listening to a lot of prison and crime podcasts lately. I binged all of Matt Cox's stuff. I could hear that guy's story a million times and ever get bored. Ian Bick might be the worst interviewer I've ever heard in my life. He had a guest on that recounted a brutal story of him being raped in the showers in prison and Ian, who has served time in federal prison, followed it up with "But where were the guards!?!?" It would've been hilarious had the guest not been weeping as he a gut-wrenching story.

Forum Clout
That is a great point, and should be a separate thread on its own.

The government is using YT/Podcasts. Its obvious that the general population who cannot/won't have a different opinion or go against the grade are spoon fed;

What to like

What to eat

What to drink.

For those of us unlucky (or is it lucky) enough to be dating can attest that Social Media is totally to blame for inflated ego's of hard 4s and incel behavior. Used to think CONTELPRO was bullshit, not so sure.

Joe Rogan is where he is now, and it is backing by alot of folks in higher power/positions of influence. Its not going to get any better.

Im ready for the Kiwi Farms gif, because I have family members who swear by Joe, Andrew Tate, etc, etc.
Don't take this personally but there's nothing funnier than some fag doing the same "DAE mass media makes the masses sheep?!" bit people have done for hundreds of years being barely re-worded and presenting it as though it was some bullshit you just thought of as biting social commentary.

cliveowen

stlaker
Forum Clout
It sounds like he got alot of these guys by giving them upfront guarantees. It's possible he didn't actually steal millions from these morons. The money never existed.

I'm surprised there would be millions of dollars being made doing the same blue chew and ridge wallet ads as every other podcast.

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
Forum Clout
Don't take this personally but there's nothing funnier than some fag doing the same "DAE mass media makes the masses sheep?!" bit people have done for hundreds of years being barely re-worded and presenting it as though it was some bullshit you just thought of as biting social commentary.

"Big pharma is lying to you! So please buy my line of unregulated supplements!"

LockedHDD__Pot

Forum Clout
It sounds like he got alot of these guys by giving them upfront guarantees. It's possible he didn't actually steal millions from these morons. The money never existed.

I'm surprised there would be millions of dollars being made doing the same blue chew and ridge wallet ads as every other podcast.
he definitely went from being a failed ban to buying a multi-million dollar house, & putting it in trust with the use of a website which blatantly says 'we hide assets', so there was some money somewhere which allowed him to buy a house for declaring bankruptcy