• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Who is the best drummer of all time?

1073waaf

The ONLY station that REALLY ROCKS!
They are definitely the standard as Jazz drumming is 1000% harder than rock and it’s not even a comparison.
I used to have this Dave Weckl video where he explained his beat displacement technique and it blew my mind. I was never able to do it. He basically plays sheet music forwards and then backwards like a human tape machine.

AliceWorquer

Fat bitch with faggot tits
Are we talking best at what they do, or most versatile? It's hard to argue with the versatility of all the old session and prog guys like Steve Smith, Vinnie Colaiuta, Portnoy, Steve Gadd, etc. I personally rate guys like Zac Hill and Damon Che, but theyre not for everyone and they aren't really known for positive drummer qualities like restraint or broad versatility. The most impressive drummers I've ever seen live were Jojo Mayer who is a fucking monster but I've never really enjoyed anything his band ever released and Brian Chippendale from Lightning Bolt who was an absolute force of nature even though a lot of things that made him so awesome are generally negatives to other drummers. He has no dynamics, hes constantly overplaying, never seems to play things quite the same way twice and the tempo drifts all over the place but their shows are such a spectacle its hard to not be blown away in some way. The wrong person would leave a gig like that feeling like they had just been raped.

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
1699126309077.png

"No Dad, my drumming isn't complete and utter shit! I'm really good! You just don't understand, old maaannnn!"