Where we at with Toucher & Rich?

AwfulManTitTankTop

"AnTi-swaTTing laws"
Used to catch them occasionally on my way home from school. They had some good bits. I remember they made Adolfo run on a treadmill while reviewing video games or some shit. Never went deep though. I was never big into sports shows, even if they were funny. I heard Fred had a mental breakdown or something recently. Sad if true.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Hmm, never heard of these folks. Might have to dig around, I've exhausted a lot of old radio talk shows.

The roadie who introduced me to Stern said he was an even bigger fan of Bob and Tom, but didn't have a tape to lend me. I've never looked them up. Are they any good?

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
Hmm, never heard of these folks. Might have to dig around, I've exhausted a lot of old radio talk shows.

The roadie who introduced me to Stern said he was an even bigger fan of Bob and Tom, but didn't have a tape to lend me. I've never looked them up. Are they any good?
Ain't Bob and tom Mike Brismallia's guys? Anyway can you recommend a good stern clip

Fortified Wine

Sweet liquor eases the pain

All you need is the Toast song. Maybe Orange Barrels.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Ain't Bob and tom Mike Brismallia's guys? Anyway can you recommend a good stern clip

I can recommend many - but the truth is, the best ones really require familiarity with the show.

If you want a good primer, I think the best one I can recommend - if it's still out there - is the one where the whole crew discusses reading their copies of Robin's pre-release book, specifically Gary, Howard and Fred.

I've listened to that one so many times, and it's a reminder of what I like and miss about the show: no interviews, no celebs, no gossip, no phoney phone calls; just 4 genuinely caustic, funny people busting on each other like good friends. You can shit on Jackie Martling all you want, but when he was writing for Howard, Stern was never funnier or quicker. The fact that Jackie would even write the jokes that bashed HIMSELF during the bashing shows an incredible talent in my eyes.

Besides that one, probably the Sal Governale Apology. It's still a time sink, as you need the full story for the punchline, but it's worth it. Gosia hates mean comedy (odd, for someone with a dark sense of humor) but she laughed hard at that one, because "Sal deserved it".

G

They were pretty good back in the day but have fallen off since COVID. Rich especially is obsessed with the pandemic. Fred had a (drunken?) meltdown on the air where he ranted about antisemitism by famous black people. He went to rehab and now he’s an annoying sober guy.