• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Where we at with Tom Petty?

Easily_Remembered

Mohammed was a Cumia
I love the guy. The video for "Don't Come Around Here No More" and his appearances on "It's Garry Shandling's Show" won me over as a kid.

Fuck "Free Falling", though. So sick of that fucking song. Hell is a real place, where "Free Falling", "Don't Want to Miss A Thing " by Aerosmith and "Iris" by Goo Goo Dolls play on a endless loop.

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Love Tom Petty guy never really had that slump most artists do imo. That documentary of his lasts like 5 hours or whatever and I can watch it in one go.

As great as a songwriter as he was he could cover anything and make it his own.

I've watched that thing several times now, it's great. They just put out the Wildflowers doc that was in theaters like a month ago on Jewtube.
Saw him live 3 times. Immense. His version of "Gloria" was hilarious.

The day he died I bawled like a bitch to be honest with you. Went and got whiskey and stayed in it for a few days. Was way worse than the mass shooting that was in my town the same night and sure didn't help with the release of my album at the exact same time.

Sirius is worth it just for the Tom Petty channel. Hearing him DJ is the shit and the guy has so many great songs, even though I've been listening to him since I was born, I still always find new shit to love. "All Or Nothin" had been under my radar til just like 2 years ago. Only played live twice I think in 92, I have a recording if anyone wants it.

sniff

G

Sirius is worth it just for the Tom Petty channel. Hearing him DJ is the shit and the guy has so many great songs, even though I've been listening to him since I was born, I still always find new shit to love. "All Or Nothin" had been under my radar til just like 2 years ago. Only played live twice I think in 92, I have a recording if anyone wants it.

sniff

Yeah, I always liked him but mostly the popular songs. Since I found the Petty channel I found a ton of stuff he did that I love. It's one of the better artist-specific channels on there IMO.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
I hated his character on King of the Hill
never was a fan of his music but seems like a lot of people loved it. I never hated it but just wasn't for me. I didn't like Lucky at first but he sorta won me over when they transitioned his character to be more of a good hearted idiot in the later seasons

alkiefuck2

don't call me scarface
i've only heard his most popular songs (won't back down, god's gonna cut you down) and like them, what's his best album?
edit cut you down wasn't him, i'm retarded

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
i've only heard his most popular songs (won't back down, god's gonna cut you down) and like them, what's his best album?
edit cut you down wasn't him, i'm retarded

My favorite is Hard Promises. After that Full Moon Fever. I don't get why Wildflowers is so beloved but maybe I will when I'm 80. I get that all the songs are great, I just like the earlier, more rocking stuff best. Full Moon Fever probably the most hits. Greatest Hits isn't a bad place to start actually.

Porkys

I took his knife. He walked away with a broken arm
Brilliant songwriter, smooth guitarist.

His singing is the worst, drains the energy from the tune, other times it's a wailing teenage girl voice. Any kid working at Subway or Walmart can mock him and not fuck up his job doing it.