• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Where we at with Tom Lin?

Forum Clout

Tom Lin's debut novel, "The Thousand Crimes of Ming Tsu" drew comparisons to Cormac McCarthy and was hyped up enough to get 25-year-old author Tom Lin a feature piece in the NYT book section. It's a Western with a Chinese twist, as ex-railroad laborer Ming Tsu becomes an outlaw and assassin.

Reviews on goodreads are certainly mixed, some positive while others leaving 1 and 2 star reviews. Surprisingly, Tom Lin has chosen to not directly comment on the negative reviews, or call the people leaving them names like child or stlaker. This is puzzling but I chalk it up to Tom Lin being an amateur author, once he gets a few more novels under his belt he'll be threatening to sue anyone who leaves a bad review.

01_SAC_LS_TomLin

I for one wish Tom Lin all the best on his promising literary career!

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
Wanna know something? I commend this.

If he wants to write a positive Chinese character, and it's actually well written with some depth and potential, I wish this guy well.

So well, in fact, that it would be really swell if people reinforced his ability with positive reviews and noting his great grammar/editing, as well as plausible occurrences in the book - and lack of forced politics.

Real FAWKIN swell, if ya ask me.

TorqueWheeler

An enormous amount of muscle.
Forum Clout
Do any of his characters speak with the Charlie Chan authenticity of celebrated wordsmith Patrick S. Tomlinson?

I want my Asians saying “You no raiku me?” or GTFO.