Where we at with the tomatoes?

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

I say FUCK you, Jobu.
My neighbour just gave me a bunch of tomatoes. I made a couple BLTs and holy mother fuck, I've never had tomatoes that even taste like this. It doesn't even make any fucking sense how fucking incredibly great these goddamned motherfucking tomatoes are. I can't stress it enough. I wish you could all taste these fucking tomatoes. I'm not on ecstasy or anything, I swear. I'm just pumped on how FUCKING awesome these tomatoes are and I have no one else to tell right now. My neighbour deserves a handjob.

G

I like the idea of these guys scouring the woods for cave dwelling hairy Cumias because they stole a cart load of tomatoes.

fvfbvd.jpg

G

My neighbour just gave me a bunch of tomatoes. I made a couple BLTs and holy mother fuck, I've never had tomatoes that even taste like this. It doesn't even make any fucking sense how fucking incredibly great these goddamned motherfucking tomatoes are. I can't stress it enough. I wish you could all taste these fucking tomatoes. I'm not on ecstasy or anything, I swear. I'm just pumped on how FUCKING awesome these tomatoes are and I have no one else to tell right now. My neighbour deserves a handjob.
Do you live in New Jersey? Jersey tomatoes are the fawkin best in the world. They call it the garden state for a reason.

When my mom was pregnant with me she said she got unusual cravings for anything with tomatoes which went away after I was born. It must have stuck with me though because I fawkin love tomatoes.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

I say FUCK you, Jobu.
Do you live in New Jersey? Jersey tomatoes are the fawkin best in the world. They call it the garden state for a reason.

When my mom was pregnant with me she said she got unusual cravings for anything with tomatoes which went away after I was born. It must have stuck with me though because I fawkin love tomatoes.
I live in the small whaling village of Canada

RedGlareRecipient

Rocketeer
I like tomatoes when they’re prepared somehow. Sauces, roasted, whatever. Straight up fresh tomato grosses me out, and it’s equal parts an autistic aversion to certain textures and the collective negative experiences I’ve had with fast-food “tomatoes” and the like. The kind that qualify only technically in that they are red and have a particular shape when cut.

bumbum8

It died on the vine
I don't even bother with the bacon and lettuce and just make tomato sandwiches. Shit's good. Same with eggs, that rich orange yolk make supermarket eggs look sickly.

At the end of summer I get sick of them and we just make sauces, dehydrate them, or feed them to the chickens.

Juliettes are the top variety here, a bit bigger than the average cherry and full of flavor. I'm still a fan of Black Krim, huge fruit and you barely have to do anything to get them to grow. The less work you spend on a tomato or pepper, the better it tastes.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

I say FUCK you, Jobu.
Did your neighbor grow them himself?

I just chopped a couple 'maters into dinner for tonight (hamburger meat with serrano chilis, jalapeno, and tomato). Corn chips to eat it with (kind of like chili but without beans). It's a quick meal before we head out to an event.
Yeah he grew them. He gave me some tomatillos too that I tried this morning and they're great too. He's old as fuck and him and his wife are always gardening. Their place is beautiful. They load me up with garlic scapes too because I'm the only person they've ever heard of eating them.