• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Where we at with the shampoo?

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
I probably use shampoo in my hair maybe once every 3 months or so. I'm thinking of just cutting the shit out in general. What's it do really? Just dries your hair up.

My hair pretty much feels like a short haired dogs fur. I'm talking like a Lab here, where it's almost plastic feeling and water just runs off it. I don't see a use for shampoo beyond making my hair smell good. But when it's so short I don't see the point in having it smell fragrant.

Sniff

fenrir

Holding hands in a circle of N-words
Forum Clout
I use this twice a day:

5030961.jpg

Keeps me nice and glossy.

Imager

Scaffolding Photographer
Forum Clout
I tried going without but hard water made it necessary for me to keep using.

One major tip, though, use baking soda instead of deodorant. I was skeptical -- but wet your finger tips and put some baking soda into your armpits and it works much better than any deodorant I ever used and probably won't give me cancer either.

G

wtf is wrong with you guys
black people have to wash their hair less often than whites but i still shampoo once a week which is way more than you freaks.
you have to clean your god damn scalp
yikes
Shampoo gives me dandruff and an itchy scalp. The dandruff shampoos give a day or 2 of relief and then it's back. The only thing that stopped it was cutting that shit out. It takes a couple of weeks but it worked. Have you ever looked at the ingredients on a shampoo bottle? It's all chemicals. Your scalp's natural oils clean your scalp a lot better and your hair won't look greasy if you wash it every day with water. At least mine doesn't. I'm pushing 40 and have a great head of hair which I'm admittedly vain about. Believe me, if it looked or smelled grim I'd go back to shampoo.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
Shampoo gives me dandruff and an itchy scalp. The dandruff shampoos give a day or 2 of relief and then it's back. The only thing that stopped it was cutting that shit out. It takes a couple of weeks but it worked. Have you ever looked at the ingredients on a shampoo bottle? It's all chemicals. Your scalp's natural oils clean your scalp a lot better and your hair won't look greasy if you wash it every day with water. At least mine doesn't. I'm pushing 40 and have a great head of hair which I'm admittedly vain about. Believe me, if it looked or smelled grim I'd go back to shampoo.
I actually stopped using shampoo a few years ago when I needed a quick haircut and ran into a salon instead of a barbershop. The woman (black woman in her 50s) basically told me to cut back on shampoo. Said it makes my scalp dry and irritated, which a barber doesn't bother to tell you. She wasn't shy at all and just recommended just washing it with water and once in a while some regular soap but only if I felt I needed it.

Since then my head is never itchy and dandruff is never an issue because my scalp does it's thing and oils up. I never got to thank that lady, but she was a real ass dude.

RobertMewler

Forum Clout
My husband had terrible dandruff and used to shampoo with that anti-dandruff stuff every day. He experimented and quit and his scalp healed and he's won't ever use it again. He only uses water to wash his scalp.

Your natural oils are there for a reason; to keep your scalp from drying out and acts as a natural barrier.

Monk

Forum Clout
Coal tar shampoo is great at getting rid of dandruff. None of the normal dandruff shampoos are worth a shit. For daily use, I use Bellisso Biotin shampoo/conditioner because it supposedly blocks DHT. Started that when I noticed a little bit of thinning up front. I don't know how I have as much hair as I do at 35. I don't even care if I go grey, I just want to keep my luscious mane as long as possible.

SoloJoeAcousticShow

Ain't it fun?
Forum Clout
I thought I had dandruff all my teenage years before finding out it was Tinae Versicolor and needs antifungal treatment.
I only fuck with conditioner and shampoo around once a week since, since I have niggery Cumia hair and it'll start frizzing if I shampoo it every day.